Smaller hp elite x3

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else wishing there was a smaller version available? I prefer the lumia 950 size and I know many people who feel the same. I'd order smaller one in a heart beat.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else wishing there was a smaller version available? I prefer the lumia 950 size and I know many people who feel the same. I'd order smaller one in a heart beat.

It's all about the trend :p at some point we'll revert back to smaller sizes but for now, phablets are the wave of the future.

Depending on how well the sales go and how big the demand is for a smaller device, we could see one next year?

On top of that, the x3 is relying heavily on it's "productivity" angle. A bigger screen is better for doing office stuff on the go

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
That may be true but I've asked everyone at work who currently has the Lumia icon and nobody wants such a large phone.

Microsoft was smart to make two sizes for the 950 but dumb not to advertise.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I thought I read on one of these tech sites that HP had multiple phones in the pipeline. Not sure if my memory is serving me well these days though.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I thought I read on one of these tech sites that HP had multiple phones in the pipeline. Not sure if my memory is serving me well these days though.

That would be great :D but still depends on the sales for the x3 or at least, that's what I'd base my decision on lol

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather have a smaller x3 even though there are advantages to bigger phones, portability is still a big issue for me. It would be better to have a more portable phone as you could do the keyboard and display thing when you really sit down and work, having a bigger phone loses it's advantage with Continum because of this.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather have a smaller x3 even though there are advantages to bigger phones, portability is still a big issue for me. It would be better to have a more portable phone as you could do the keyboard and display thing when you really sit down and work, having a bigger phone loses it's advantage with Continum because of this.

Yea 4.7-5 is as big as I like to go

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Sure it does seem like a trend for some but not all and I don't see businesses handing out devices this size yet.

I've connected my Lumia 950 to my Surface wirelessly in seconds so a bigger screen is less important with continuum as already mentioned.

The Hp elite is a fine device and ticks almost every box for me, I just wish it were a bit smaller.

I feel like it should of came in pairs similar to the 950s, iPhones, and s7 \ note.

Possibly at work we could have ordered a couple dozen but because of the size, we'll probably wait.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It's all about the trend :p at some point we'll revert back to smaller sizes but for now, phablets are the wave of the future.

Depending on how well the sales go and how big the demand is for a smaller device, we could see one next year?

On top of that, the x3 is relying heavily on it's "productivity" angle. A bigger screen is better for doing office stuff on the go

I would never go back to a small screen unless they design some HUD in glasses that allows you to do AR in style and on the go.

But having the large screen also allows it to have the larger battery as it makes the phone bigger over all. Business people need battery.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the battery is big but so is the screen which needs more power. Anyway, everyone has their preference that's why two sizes would of been great. This is more of a phablet than a phone. I've asked everyone at work and not a single person wanted a larger phone. I could probably deal with the size but we'll probably wait a bit longer to see what else becomes available.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I was a bit shocked when we upgraded our iPhone 5/s users to 6's (not 6+) that a fair number did not like the bigger form and wanted their 5's back. The SE has been a popular choice with our users.

Similarly, for myself, my old Icon was about the perfect size/form/heft. I still use it on WiFi and on runs with GPS tracking 'cause it's so much easier to carry than my moto DT2.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
This is all going to be personal choice thing (obviously). I too like the smaller size.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

NatKingColeslaw

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
It's simple math.

(% of time you use your phone for media, screen things) minus (% of time you'd use a proper large screen with continum) equals "how bothered you are about the size of the x3 or any other large phone/phablet."

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
It's simple math.

(% of time you use your phone for media, screen things) minus (% of time you'd use a proper large screen with continum) equals "how bothered you are about the size of the x3 or any other large phone/phablet."

That's not it at all, for me the reason is that it's more inconvenient to carry it around when keeping it in a pocket. I know a couple people that had the 1520 and went to a smaller windows phone for that reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs