So the 950xl is not waterproof.... balls!

1st_Raven

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, dont drop your 950xl in the sink - bad things happen to it. :crying:

On the good news side, new 950xl on the way.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 21

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I know this is "after the fact", but get your electronics nano-coated to waterproof it. I did that with my 950XL. I haven't dunked it in water to test, but it has taken some splashes just fine.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I know this is "after the fact", but get your electronics nano-coated to waterproof it. I did that with my 950XL. I haven't dunked it in water to test, but it has taken some splashes just fine.

Which brand etc? I doubt such things work well for phones with removeable backs etc. How will the naano coating be maintained when you take off the case and put it back?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I should have made it more clear. Its completed dead. Screen went green when I pulled it out of the sink then went dead. Its in rice now but doubt it will work hence the replacement order.

blow dry it too to really get it deep :) water shouldn't have gotten too far.... and your battery should be pulled already before you took that picture.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
If you have packets of silica jell its probably worth putting it in a sealable tub with a few, if not the rice trick could work, but make sure its dry, after a day or two, put the rice in an oven to dry again, nothing to loose.......

Also worth taking out SD and sim cards and of course the battery.

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by slyronit
Originally Posted by Will Gilliland

Which brand etc? I doubt such things work well for phones with removeable backs etc. How will the naano coating be maintained when you take off the case and put it back?

The nano coating must permeate throughout the interior not just exterior case. In factory settings, the device is put into a mist chamber to thoroughly coat all.parts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos