Netflix app not working after Anniversary Edition update

bulbousbrett

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Upon starting the Netflix app, it just stays on the "spinning circle" screen indefinitely. I have performed:

• uninstalling, rebooting, then reinstalling the app
  • logging out of all connected apps via the Netflix website
  • trying on WiFi only
  • trying on cellular only
  • soft reset
  • hard reset

also - I own three of these handsets, and this is occurring ON ALL THREE OF THEM!!! Netflix not working is a complete deal-breaker as far as the spouse and child are concerned. Is anyone else experiencing this? I hate to already be looking to replace phones less than a year old!.

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
After AU several apps are crashing, my wife's 735 is having the same problem, and ours both phones before the updates work ok w/netflix...

seeremlive

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if I would hold my breath on Netflix updating the app for mobile. Amazon just dropped their support for WinPhone because of the same issues with supporting the AU update. It is much less costly for the companies to drop support for the 3% that are Windows Phone users, and possibly lose their business, than is it to keep supporting the app for a third platform. It all comes down to the bottom line, cost versus benefit.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if I would hold my breath on Netflix updating the app for mobile. Amazon just dropped their support for WinPhone because of the same issues with supporting the AU update. It is much less costly for the companies to drop support for the 3% that are Windows Phone users, and possibly lose their business, than is it to keep supporting the app for a third platform. It all comes down to the bottom line, cost versus benefit.

but netflix has a UWP app so they cannot afford to not support the app since it is for both pcs and phones (and other devices).

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes same problem here. Netflix is not working after the update. I have contacted Netflix, but who knows what that will do? Does anyone know Is this an issue affecting only BLU devices?

nerdysquared

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't use Netflix that much on my phone but looks like Netflix is not working for me either eh, but it worked as far as I remember prior to the AU. running on WIN BLU HD LTE Q,

Codster314

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I predict it's probably BLU's fault Netflix App is not working. Not Netflix's fault. I'm on a Lumia 650 Dual SIM, OS Build: 10.0.14939.448 (latest OS on the release branch) and Netflix (App Ver: 4.12.0.54) WORKS fine.

I assume the BLU device's improper Reg Setting (i.e. should be Computer.Portable) is causing Netflix UWP App to get very confused if it is a Phone GUI to display or a Computer GUI to display and is causing some kinda weird boot loop.

Is this BLU's fault (having improper settings on the phone, causing Apps to become confused) or Netflix's fault (for not supporting improperly setup phones)? I assume to get this working, BLU will have to update their phone to have the proper UWP settings in the RegEdit (good luck with this). Or Netflix will have to release an update to their App (to allow badly behaving phones to load - more likely).

But yea, I think it's ridiculous that Netflix should have to code for this, when I believe the only Windows 10 Mobile phone on the market which has improper reg settings and won't load their app, is the BLU devices.

Other UWP Apps will load, but just display a non-mobile GUI (like Outlook).
It's possible the Windows Update bug is also related to this, as Microsoft just changed to the Unified Update Platform (UUP) in Nov 2016 for mobile, changing the way Updates are delivered to mobile devices. Other Windows 10 OS's are suppose to be getting the UUP update sometime this month. It could be because of BLU's incorrect settings, confusing the Windows Update App if it is a mobile device or a non-mobile device, and thus not delivering any of the UUP updates anymore after the Anniversary Update.

Your options are probably to complain to BLU and tell them to get their act together. Or complain to Netflix, tell them u have a mobile phone which has the Device improperly set to "Computer" and their app isn't supporting your incorrectly setup Win10 phone...

Who's to say? But at least this Lumia 650 device is receiving updates, and Netflix works on that. So I feel the fault is BLU's inept with its device setup.

Christopher71556

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
There IS a simple "workaround":

Open EDGE and navigate to NETFLIX. Once there, sign into your account. Once that is done, tap the three "settings icons" in the lower
right of the browser, and tap on PIN TO START. I've not had ANY problem with it working that way.

Funny thing, I have an old Samsung Focus running the first iteration of Windows Phone 7, and Netflix works on that, oddly PERFECTLY.

Also, if you go to the BLU Products website, there is currently a firmware update for the BLU WIN HD LTE.

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
There IS a simple "workaround":

Open EDGE and navigate to NETFLIX. Once there, sign into your account. Once that is done, tap the three "settings icons" in the lower
right of the browser, and tap on PIN TO START. I've not had ANY problem with it working that way.

Funny thing, I have an old Samsung Focus running the first iteration of Windows Phone 7, and Netflix works on that, oddly PERFECTLY.

Also, if you go to the BLU Products website, there is currently a firmware update for the BLU WIN HD LTE.

Thanks for sharing! I'm on .15013 firmware, were can I see the update page? I'm unable to find it! Thx again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786