Messaging Autocorrect has changed languages

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Have had the strangest issue, all of a sudden, my L950XL has changed the autocorrect in my messaging app to Spanish. Just happened yesterday, don't know why and don't know how (see screenshot).

Anyone have any idea how this happened, or better yet, how to change it back to English?

autocorrect_spanish.jpg

Any assistance would be welcome and appreciated.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok don't kill me, but did you try to move/swipe to left/right on the spacebar?

Also did you check settings?

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I tried that after reading your response, and what do you know, it's back to English. Don't know when I swiped it to change it, but must have not knowing. Thanks much for the insight, and the solution.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well, I tried that after reading your response, and what do you know, it's back to English. Don't know when I swiped it to change it, but must have not knowing. Thanks much for the insight, and the solution.

Well that was easy :winktongue:

You should consider removing the keyboards you're not using, as a precaution. I have two installed (Dutch and English). The phone had Spanish pre-installed, but I removed it lol

(I can speak and write Spanish, but the conversations just never go into that direction :grincry:)

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Well that was easy :winktongue:

You should consider removing the keyboards you're not using, as a precaution. I have two installed (Dutch and English). The phone had Spanish pre-installed, but I removed it lol

(I can speak and write Spanish, but the conversations just never go into that direction :grincry:)

Ok, sounds like a good solution, however I have gone into the language section in settings and see no way to remove the Spanish selections. Any insight as to how to do this?

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, sounds like a good solution, however I have gone into the language section in settings and see no way to remove the Spanish selections. Any insight as to how to do this?

Scratch that, found the keyboards, and was able to delete it. Thanks again

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If you only want to remove the keyboard:

settings > time & language > keyboard > long tap on the one you'd like to remove and .....

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site

HA, have EXACTLY the same issue but with French. I think my phone comes as a French import to UK. Managed to remove the keyboard but French language stays there with no option to remove...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
HA, have EXACTLY the same issue but with French. I think my phone comes as a French import to UK. Managed to remove the keyboard but French language stays there with no option to remove...

What do you mean by "stays there"?

You're trying to remove the keyboard but there's no option?

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean by "stays there"?

You're trying to remove the keyboard but there's no option?

Keyboard can be removed no probs however if you look at the installed language pack, French is the one that came with the device and I can not remove it. No option to do remove...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Keyboard can be removed no probs however if you look at the installed language pack, French is the one that came with the device and I can not remove it. No option to do remove...

Stan is correct, you can remove it :p

I'm assuming that in the language section French is at the top? what's beneath it? Long tap on whatever is beneath it (preferably sth that resembles English) and select "move up". Once French is removed from the top, do the long tap again,this time around the option to remove it, should be available

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Press and hold to get the remove option

Also, make sure it's not the first language on your list.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem - this time it's a phone on windows phone 8.1, denim

It came with Kiswahili installed for the keyboard - whenever I remove the keyboard, after a few hours or days the keyboard magically comes back. I can't seem to permanently remove the keyboard. Installed language is English UK, not other language

Any ideas? I am thinking of updating to windows 10 mobile

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It came with Kiswahili installed for the keyboard - whenever I remove the keyboard, after a few hours or days the keyboard magically comes back. I can't seem to permanently remove the keyboard. Installed language is English UK, not other language

Did you hard reset and try to remove it afterwards? was the phone locked to a certain company previously?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234