iPhone 6s Plus to Lumia 950xl

MadCityDad

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I just switch my iPhone 6s Plus from Verizon to T-Mobile, and now I want to move to an unlocked Lumia 950 XL. I read a lot about what won't work on the 950 XL like Band 12 (voice or data), wifi calling, visual voice mail, mms, maybe more. Can anyone with experience help clear this up for me? I'd really like to make the switch to windows, but some of what I've read really worries me. I can live with some software bugs.

Thanks and I look forward to being a part of the Windows Central community!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central!

Band 12 will only work for data on T-Mobile with the 950 XL. When making a voice call in my experience (on the 950, but the same will happen with the XL), it just falls from LTE to 4G, which was no big deal to me. Visual voicemail works regardless of if you are on dual sim or single sim (you might have to go into Cellular +SIM to turn VVM on though). MMS works too, but you might or might not have to set the MMS manually. I would suggest getting someone to send you an MMS before going into the settings to see if anything can be changed. WiFi calling only works on T-Mobile branded phones.

Also before putting your SIM into the XL, you need to turn off iMessage and FaceTime on your iPhone. It will need some time to disable your number on the server, so I would suggest doing this hours before you do the switch so that everything works out the way it should.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss