With Finnish keyboard the newest build 14915 overheats and text input breaks

akutalikka

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I already reported this bug to MS Feedback Hub. So far no comments there.

My Lumia 950 XL starts overheating immediately if I turn on the Finnish keyboard which I need. Swedish keyboard does not cause this problem.

ALSO typing of words does not work if I turn on the Finnish keyboard. I cannot type anything even if I switch back to US or GB or SWE keyboard. I need to restart phone to make the phone not overheat and to make text input work again (I have to switch to non-Finnish keyboard before reboot). When this bug is active no text suggestions come up and only one word can be written at a time. Adding emoticons or getting an interruption from a phone call might allow one more word to be written.

Feedback on this using Lumia:
feedback-hub:?contextid=362&feedbackid=517056e7-7a2a-4555-91ab-fd7147eb89ad&form=2&src=1
(I reported the bug using a PC, too, but I did not know then that those feedbacks are not accessible using a mobile phone Feedback hub)

I confirmed this bug By reverting to an earlier build with a Windows 10 PC using Windows Device Recovery Tool. Then I tested text input and it was ok. Then I upgraded to the newest build again and found that the bug is still there. I intend to post this message to a Microsoft forum also - they suggested that forum on Microsoft Finland Facebook page when I gave a description of the problem.

Mateus109

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi Akutalikka, have you noticed an improvements following recent 'fast ring' updates or are you still seeing battery drain with the Finnish keyboard enabled? I'm on 14905 as seeing the same problem. :angry:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro