RM-1085 or RM-1116

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi and thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Shopping around for a gently used 950 xl and notice 2 different variants (see title).
Will be using with a Straight Talk AT&T SIM card in the US that has been used on all of my unlocked phones for past 4 years. I think one is dual sim and one is single sim.
My question is...does it matter which one I purchase as far as connectivity/LTE is concerned?
From what I've read in some of these threads, it doesn't seem to matter, but thought I'd double check prior to purchase.
Thanks!
Mary Beth

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
My question is...does it matter which one I purchase as far as connectivity/LTE is concerned?
From what I've read in some of these threads, it doesn't seem to matter, but thought I'd double check prior to purchase.

No difference between single and dual SIM. I use DS and I run two SIM cards in UK - one for data, other one for cheap international calls. You can set which one you want for data so looks like both radios are identical...

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi and thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Shopping around for a gently used 950 xl and notice 2 different variants (see title).
Will be using with a Straight Talk AT&T SIM card in the US that has been used on all of my unlocked phones for past 4 years. I think one is dual sim and one is single sim.
Thanks!
Mary Beth

Nice to see you back on WC. I recently bought a 950XL and use it on Cricket. Works great and if you get the 5GB/month plan, it is the same $45 per month as ST.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Nice to see you back on WC. I recently bought a 950XL and use it on Cricket. Works great and if you get the 5GB/month plan, it is the same $45 per month as ST.

Great to be here, though I've been lurking around. Been using my little $30 640 but have been craving the large screen and frankly ready to get back to a flagship device.
Bit the bullet and got what I hope will be a decent one from eBay. Purchased from the seller before, so I'm optimistic. Should be here Friday... Yay!
I think I'll look into Cricket. Rumorednow also gave them kudos in a post a while ago.

Danny Sanders1

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Congratulations on the 950Xl purchase, I myself purchased one thru Amazon, it arrived this past Friday, updated to UA, and am loving it so far, I am using AT&T, but Cricket does sound better and is cheaper. Enjoy!

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on the 950Xl purchase, I myself purchased one thru Amazon, it arrived this past Friday, updated to UA, and am loving it so far, I am using AT&T, but Cricket does sound better and is cheaper. Enjoy!

BTW... A post above said the LTE was inconsistent using AT&T. Just curious if you've had any issues with that?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The single SIM variant supports VoLTE with some specific carrier branded firmware, the Dual SIM variant doesn't have any firmware which supports VoLTE.

Also, the single-SIM version supports up to 300mbps LTE, the dual-SIM version only supports up to 150mbps LTE, they have different LTE standards (I don't remember the exact names).

Last edited:

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I don't have any issues with AT&T. I've been considering T-Mobile lately but I'll have to do some research on coverage in my area. I've had a dead spot or two with AT&T but overall LTE is consistent and fast.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
BTW... A post above said the LTE was inconsistent using AT&T. Just curious if you've had any issues with that?

I see this on my RM-1085. I honestly thought it was just an AT&T issue. When I get LTE (which honestly is about 90% of the time--not bad at all), it works great, but every now and then I'll look down and see I only have 4G, even in places where I know I've had LTE before. I don't know for sure whether it's the phone or the network, but I don't see it as a dealbreaker.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Update...Got the phone yesterday. in "like new" condition and the LTE has been good both at home and at work. It's the dual sim RM-1116.
Loving my new 950 XL!
Thanks to all for the responses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos