Latest firmware for Cricket Lumia 640?

www_tgsnt_tv

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way to get the latest firmware from a source other than the carrier? A friend of mine has a Lumia 640 with AT&T and his firmware version is more recent then mine. There are no official updates from Cricket.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Nope, you can only get software early. The only possible way is to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool to see if there is new firmware for your device. If there's nothing, you're out of luck.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
The CricKet ROM does have an update from the version my CricKet L640 shipped with:
http://www.lumiafirmware.com/guid/059X0B6

Came out this past August 02nd. I have not gotten it on ANY of my W10M CricKet L640 units. Two of them are on production/non-insider Anniversary Update, and my personal one is on Fast Ring insider.

I'm tempted to WDRT for the firmware, but I really don't want to re-setup everything again.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Just reflashed my L640 with the updated CricKet firmware.
It defaults to German for the setup language now. It also now will show as a valid device for the W10 upgrade through the Upgrade Advisor, which it didn't prior for me.

I'm going W10 via Upgrade Advisor now, and I'll jump back into Fast Ring after that. I'll let you know if this firmware feels any different than the previous firmware.

Davide Carozza

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Been meaning to ask Saijin_Naib, did you ever find any difference in the new firmware, or was it just to enable OTA W10 upgrades? My 640 is working perfectly but the obsessive part of me wants to be on the latest official firmware anyways.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Been meaning to ask Saijin_Naib, did you ever find any difference in the new firmware, or was it just to enable OTA W10 upgrades? My 640 is working perfectly but the obsessive part of me wants to be on the latest official firmware anyways.
None that I can really empirically show are due to the firmware... Shortly after doing so, I bought an actual CricKet Lumia 640 and have been using that since. It is on W10M Insider Fast and has been brilliant. My original L640 is just chilling... Maybe I can do some side-by-side benchmarks to see if they're behaving different when I get some more free time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99