Has the Lumia 650 good gps?

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I currently use a Lumia 535. It has bad gps. Sometimes it works,but most of the time it doesn't. I consider buying a Lumia 650. Does this phone have better gps?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I currently use a Lumia 535. It has bad gps. Sometimes it works,but most of the time it doesn't. I consider buying a Lumia 650. Does this phone have better gps?

I own a 650, I use twice a week with Waze and Maps, smootly, never a iussue with signal even during heavy rain and lighinin

Consider postioning behind windshield can influece a lot gps signal, most modern cars use athermic coating, and the recommended positioning area is marked on the glass (usally nearby rear mirror, user manual can explain if there's such a protection on windscreen)

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
probably antenna problems with your particular unit, phones these days have the same basic set of chips like bt gps etc, but I clearly remember the n97 gps being way better than say a 5230

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
My wife has the same phone and also the same gps problems. In fact, all over the internet people complain about gps issues of their Luma 535. It's a nice phone, but I also want to use gps.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Use the GPS on the 650 daily and it works very well...as good as some more expensive phones I have had in the past. Great budget device that in my case "just works".

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
The 650 has so many things better than the 535 !!
Better display
Great touch
AMAZING signal reception (there was even a test done and WC posted an article too).
GPS is perfect. Locks location real fast.
4G LTE support !!
Really fast camera that produces great shots.
A flashlight that comes on INSTANTLY when turned on from the action centre.

Originally posted by gwbonline

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
So the Lumia 650 doesn't have good gps?

I wanted to order one yesterday but they where out of stock. Is this luck and do I have to look out for an other?

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I always have data and sometimes wifi available. With my Lumia 535 it always has bad reception and gps/maps is not usable (like many others have posted on the internet). What I want to know for sure is how the Lumia 650 functions with gps. Does it have better reception? Does it a better job in finding a signal? Otherwise also the Lumia 650 is not a phone I want to have.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I never used gps on my 830, cos from day one, it always puts me 100m-200m from where I was suppose to be. Drives me nuts that I had to use my old phone for navigation, a 920, which drains the battery like nobody's business...
My 830 is on insider, then suddenly I realised it became darn accurate. Guess it got recalibrated in one of the builds.
.. my two bits..

....!!

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I've use a Lumia 1020>535>650>950XL in order. All of them have the same GPS experience as far as I've seen. Fast and pretty accurate. In worst cases, the location was off by like 20-30 meters but that's normal for any phone.
If speed of location lock is your concern while using maps, then don't worry. The 650 is really good as I said above. Good quality calls too !!
So Is the Lumia 650 a recommended phone or do I have to look further?

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
It's amazing! I even have gps reception in home on my couch. With voice navigation, that I also did not have with my Lumia 535. I still have one question. Does wifi consume more power than mobile data or is it the other way around?

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
It's amazing! I even have gps reception in home on my couch. With voice navigation, that I also did not have with my Lumia 535. I still have one question. Does wifi consume more power than mobile data or is it the other way around?

Wifi is the best option always if available. It uses lesser power and the phone doesn't heat up much too.
Data and especially 3G is notorious at heating phones. 4G LTE is still better.

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
And im glad the 650 has worked out well for you !!!
Do get the latest firmware and software updates for OS as well as apps.
Double tap to wake works really well. Cheers !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb