What's the real camera pixels?

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE and it says it has 8MP on primary camera but as you can see in the screenshot, in the settings it says 6MP and it's greyed out.

http://imgur.com/a/0pP41

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
You'll have to change the aspect ratio to 4:3 if you want the 8MP pictures.. by default it is on 16:9 which produces 6MP

PS: please don't create multiple threads on 1 issue.. Answers get scattered and this doesn't help anyone

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Oh I see...going to test now to see if there are noticeable differences.

Also, sorry about multiple threads, as soon as I click to submit, I've closed the browser and didn't noticed it had to be approved so I thought it wasn't submitted when I checked the forum and didn't saw my thread. Ups :straight:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Also, sorry about multiple threads, as soon as I click to submit, I've closed the browser and didn't noticed it had to be approved so I thought it wasn't submitted when I checked the forum and didn't saw my thread. Ups :straight:

You need to have at least 10 posts before you can post a link (imgur), which is why we had to approve first :p get that post count up dear sir

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

I think the main difference you will see outside of dimensions is that the 16:9 at lower resolution will not be as crisp and more pixelated at larger sizes (like when you zoom in) when compared with the 4:3. Regardless you will not see anything huge otherwise. This phone just doesn't come with premium lenses or exceptional sensor quality like you might find on flagship devices. But I will admit that Lumia phones offers among the best (perhaps the best) post processing camera software in smartphones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon