Scratched rear camera lens cover

Cuteness Overload

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone, which is about two years old at this point, has a very scratched lens cover. Think the purple coating or whatever it is isn't really there anymore. I don't know if it affects image quality, but right now I'm affected with a persistent blurring/haziness at the left side of the image (right side of the lens when viewed from the phone's rear). Also, a visibly dark spot is now noticeable in the image too, at the bottom left corner (I cannot find a corresponding spot on the rear lens cover). I'm wondering is there's any way to restore the image quality - and, no, it's not dirty - no amount of wiping fixes the haze at the left size.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My phone, which is about two years old at this point, has a very scratched lens cover. Think the purple coating or whatever it is isn't really there anymore. I don't know if it affects image quality, but right now I'm affected with a persistent blurring/haziness at the left side of the image (right side of the lens when viewed from the phone's rear). Also, a visibly dark spot is now noticeable in the image too, at the bottom left corner (I cannot find a corresponding spot on the rear lens cover). I'm wondering is there's any way to restore the image quality - and, no, it's not dirty - no amount of wiping fixes the haze at the left size.

it might be possible to replace the lens or the camera module if you check online or with phone repair stores - but this can be a lengthy process

danielsdian

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
The camera cover is integrated with the back cover, but its quite easy to replace if you know how.
I cracked my screen last year (The screen itself, not the glass. Go figure.) and I opened my phone to see if I could replace it easily. Found out that most of the phone is glued together or something like that, except the camera module and the main boards. Even the battery had a really mean glue holding it.

I used the following tutorial do dismantle my phone: Nokia Lumia 930 RM-1045 Service Manual L1L2 for Nokia Care

vdjelmar

Sep 4, 2019
Visit site
Usually the cover does the job for protecting your privacy. A friend of mine suggested to get an extra webcam cover to make sure nobody is peeking through your front cam. I got the cover for my smartphone at kortingdepot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss