Battery Drain on Lumia 950 Post-Anniversary Update

ruchrana

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I've had my Lumia 950 since about April or so of this year (2016). My battery life when I first got it was pretty phenomenal, and the charge time was incredibly fast. Recently, I've felt that the battery life has *dramatically* deteriorated to the point where I can hardly even keep it going for a day.

For example, I'll charge it in the late evening around dinner time, then take it off the charger when it's at 100%. I'll go to sleep with only WiFi and Cellular data on, and no apps running in the background. When I wake up, sometimes the battery is at around 20-30%! When looking at the battery usage, it'll say "Start" or apps I used the previous day like "FB messenger, Edge" as the majority of the usage but I can't really change those.

I have checked the background apps that are allowed to run, and ones that I have are:
-Content Delivery Manager
-Email and accounts
-GroupMe
-Lumia Motion Data (the only app that uses this is Run+)
-Mail and Calendar
-Messenger (Facebook)
-Microsoft messaging
-Microsoft phone
-Microsoft Photos
-Run+
-Settings
-Windows camera
-Work or school account
-Your account
-phone update

I'm debating whether or not I should reset the phone and have it re-install from the Anniversary update.

As of now, it is running version 1607, build 10.0.14393.67 -- I have never used Windows Insider updates for this phone.

Any suggestions?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Update the phone to 14393.189 - this has been officially released, then monitor
disable one app at a time from background and also monitor usage
If it still has high drain counts, then do a factory reset from settings

ruchrana

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I actually already updated to the .189 the same night I wrote this post. Still having some pretty bad battery problems. Even with just wifi on or just cellular on (or even NEITHER), my battery drain is easily going from 20-30% over the course of a couple hours without use.

ninefivezero

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
I actually already updated to the .189 the same night I wrote this post. Still having some pretty bad battery problems. Even with just wifi on or just cellular on (or even NEITHER), my battery drain is easily going from 20-30% over the course of a couple hours without use.

I already wrote to another thread that I have had a terrible battery drain after the latest update. I think the reason is that the battery meter shows wrong values after charging. It shows 100% for me but when unplugged it imediately goes down to 33 %. So maybe the battery wasn?t charged at all even though the pohone tells so?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

any change since you last posted here?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss