Earphones not recognized on my Lumia 950XL

Evans Temu

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem where if I connect my earphones they won't be recognized and the phone would act as if nothing is connected at all. Example if I connect my earphones while playing music, the music will continue playing on the phone's speaker. The problem has just randomly started since three days ago.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem where if I connect my earphones they won't be recognized and the phone would act as if nothing is connected at all. Example if I connect my earphones while playing music, the music will continue playing on the phone's speaker. The problem has just randomly started since three days ago.

try a soft reset and check aagin
Do the earphones work on other devices? And conversely, do other earphones work on the 950xl?

Evans Temu

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I've tried several soft resets. My earphones are ok as they work ok on other devices. I've yet to try another set of earphones on my 950xl but I'm not sure it will make a difference

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
If your ear phones have a dial or switch or buttons that control playing music then that may be the problem. These headphones have an extra ring which allow it to control music play back. For example, the iPhone has a proprietary plug made specifically for their phone to enable controlling track and music play back. You may notice the 3.5mm jack may have extra rings which mean it may not make full contact with the internal metal contacts of the 950 XL. I.E. a in ear monitor like Macaw GT100S offered on places like MassDrop do not work with the 950 XL.

There is suppose to be a specific headphone or headset that works with Microsoft Phones but they are no longer manufactured or available. So any ring not making contact with the 950XL will render it useless and unable to provide audio play back.

Honestly, I hate that manufacturers do this as it screws the consumer in the end. We can't use any headphone or headset we want and it has to be very specific for that phone to control music play back.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Last time I had problems with headphones not detecting, I had some lint stuck in the very bottom of the port.

Evans Temu

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
For some reasons other earphones work perfect on my phone but the stock ones, which work with other devices, are the ones still having problems on my phone.

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
There was an age-old issue with detection on many phones, especially the Palm ones. The only way to make them work was to unplug/replug them numerous times in a row in hopes it would work.

Since you have other wired headphones that do work with it, I don't think it is the phone at issue here (except maybe the jack itself). These headphones are passive devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99