Glance screen slow to display quick status notifications since anniversary update

e94mli

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have two 950 xl that both are really slow to show quick status icons on the glance screen. It takes a few seconds for them to show up after the glance screen has turned on. It started after the anniversary update. I recently did a full reset of one of the phones to see if it would help but no luck. Find it strange that there is hardly any feedback on the issue and I have the problem on two phones so I though maybe a reset would fix it.
Am I just very unlucky or is anyone else seeing this issue?

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Anniversary update appears created many new problems as reported on this board and still hoping MS to fix them quickly.

Evans Temu

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
To me it was before the anniversary update. I'm guessing glance is that slow with the phones which came with w10 preinstalled eg. the x50 series

silentFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
For me the worst is the date and time not appearing immediately I pull down the pin entry on lock screen, and the fact that it's been like that for a while.

e94mli

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
To me it was before the anniversary update. I'm guessing glance is that slow with the phones which came with w10 preinstalled eg. the x50 series
That is interesting. I don't think I had any major issues before the anniversary update, even on the rather late insider builds. Can't say exactly when the problem started though, took me a little while to realize that I actually had messages even though it seems like there was nothing on glance screen. Now I've stopped using glance screen for anything but clock since it is faster to turn on the screen than wait for it to show up.

Evans Temu

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the same with me. These days glance just gets slower hence it's unreliable to me notification-wise. I just end up double tapping the phone to the lock screen if I need quick notifications and entrust glance with the clock matters.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the same with me. These days glance just gets slower hence it's unreliable to me notification-wise. I just end up double tapping the phone to the lock screen if I need quick notifications and entrust glance with the clock matters.

Can this be due to a large background pic? or a bug in app which is selected to appear on Glance/Lock screen?

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Not only are the notifications slow in showing up, but they are also not always updating.
The delay is unacceptable.
I have lost some of my trust in the Glance screen alone to keep me notified.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Not only are the notifications slow in showing up, but they are also not always updating.
The delay is unacceptable.
I have lost some of my trust in the Glance screen alone to keep me notified.

I lost several apps sounds completely, they used to sound normally and were registered in system sounds now they neither make a sound nor even appear in sounds list.

e94mli

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Can this be due to a large background pic? or a bug in app which is selected to appear on Glance/Lock screen?

Only showing Outlook mail and calendar and text messages so not many apps to blame it on unfortunately. There is no background picture either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss