New Firmware update for Lumia 650 Dual SIM (Includes DTtW)

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
don't know when cricket is going to get it. why is this a firmware update and not software. thought windows 10 was supposed to change stuff and not have to worry about carrier firmware updates anymore.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
don't know when cricket is going to get it. why is this a firmware update and not software. thought windows 10 was supposed to change stuff and not have to worry about carrier firmware updates anymore.
Microsoft controls software, carrier controls firmware. Just remember that. The only way Microsoft controls both is if it is a factory unlocked phone.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
1. Connect the phone to your PC, use Windows device recovery tool to see if a new firmware is available. This would help if the firmware is available on MS servers but not pushed via OTA yet
2. Flash a firmware manually for a different region, but this method is more involved and don't recommend this unless you have hours to spend.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
seems there is a update for cricket but when will i get it on my phone? how do firmware updates get installed? it is not through the software update? no idea the difference between them are. don't know what package title is or how to figure out what one would be the right one. http://www.lumiafirmware.com/guid/059X743

I think cricket's 650 is still on the older firmware version, but as soon as it will be available, you will get it as an "OTA" update, so basically as an ordinary OS update.
But if you want to look for it on the lumiafirmware.com you need to know which RM version of phone you have and also it's "Product code". Both can be found under your phone's back cover:

wp_20161230_01_21_41_proo.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
@Dano91 : Thanks for this, amazing how the product code makes a difference. There is no new update yet on the Cricket one, as you are correct.

chiriquipanama

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
It's now Feb 13th 2017 that I came upon this thread. This is my problem too. Is it ever going to be released? WDRT won't update the firmware from .4009 neither does a reset on this Cricket 650 RM-1150. Anyone have this yet?

chiriquipanama

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: New Firmware update for Lumia 650 Dual SIM

You are not the only one waiting. Are you stuck with .4009? It came to my attention only recently the significance of this phone being a RM-1150 build. It seems all the other succeeding build already have the .50xx build. I hope we are still under consideration

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: New Firmware update for Lumia 650 Dual SIM

windows update yesterday and still no firmware update from cricket. it is not that hard to just give it even if you change nothing on it really. i want the fixes for data/bluetooth ect. this is not just for tape to wake now. bluetooth still seems to mess up if you turn on and off and connect and disconnect sometimes. also seems to mess up the auto speaker phone when plugged into headphone sometimes it just don't do it till you turn phone off and on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss