Lumia 650 owners I need your attention ! (Action center lag issue?)

awesome777

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
What I'd be interested in is how the Lumia 550, 540, 535 performs, since they have similar gpus as well. My Lumia 630 has no problems with the action centre, but that's most likely because of the adreno 305 which is 50mhz faster than the 304 (650)
The stuttering isn't OS breaking, but it does sometimes get on my nerves. If it's only specific to the 650, I feel like it could be fixed.
Maybe MS can optimize the os on the start screen to help us guys with weak gpus??? Could that help???

I'm really living the 650, great screen, great body, great os, and if this was fixed, this could make this the best phone in my opinion.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I tried the biggest size and it was definetely smoother, atleast for a while. I tried it originally because the keyboard size is bugged too, cant change the size.

Keyboard size has it's own option, you need to go to Settings > Time & Language > Keyboard > More keyboard settings.
You can also separately change the font size in Settings > Ease of Access > More options.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I agree totally about the 650. This is now right up there with my old L925 as the best Lumia I have used yet. I'm enjoying the 650 the more I use it.

Sleek and thin and easily slides into a pocket with the solid aluminum sides and a snap on/off back that isn't the headache of my other 830. Excellent smudge proof screen that wipes fingerprints off easily. What's nor to like.

A perfectly functional device for everyday use that ticks the right boxes.

May have to get the white one now so I will have a couple of these for a while.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Keyboard size has it's own option, you need to go to Settings > Time & Language > Keyboard > More keyboard settings.
You can also separately change the font size in Settings > Ease of Access > More options.

Yes I know I tried it and it does not work for me after the AU update. It worked when I bought the phone but after AU update the keyboard size is not adjustable anymore.

awesome777

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
On the lines of blade, I disabled the start screen and found the action centre to have no or little lag. Moved back though, as it wasn't worth losing my screen picture for a smallish problem.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes I know I tried it and it does not work for me after the AU update. It worked when I bought the phone but after AU update the keyboard size is not adjustable anymore.

Are you sure that you haven't set your keyboard to the screen sides (where it sticks to the side of the screen, rather than in the centre)? If you have, the selected size will not alter the size of the keyboard. It must be centre justified for it to work.

For example, my keyboard is set to small and is in the centre. You can check this by holding on the space key, a coloured box will surround the keyboard, the box will go to both sides of the screen if it is set to the centre, as below:

wp_ss_20160924_0002[1].png

If I swipe to the right whilst holding on the space key, the keyboard is then set to the right side of the screen, and the blue box is moved away from the left edge of the screen. The keyboard also goes back to its default size (see below).

wp_ss_20160924_0003[1].png

If I then hold the space key and swipe left, the keyboard goes back to being set to the centre, and also goes back to being small sized.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure that you haven't set your keyboard to the screen sides (where it sticks to the side of the screen, rather than in the centre)? If you have, the selected size will not alter the size of the keyboard. It must be centre justified for it to work.

For example, my keyboard is set to small and is in the centre. You can check this by holding on the space key, a coloured box will surround the keyboard, the box will go to both sides of the screen if it is set to the centre, as below:

View attachment 130697

If I swipe to the right whilst holding on the space key, the keyboard is then set to the right side of the screen, and the blue box is moved away from the left edge of the screen. The keyboard also goes back to its default size (see below).

View attachment 130698

If I then hold the space key and swipe left, the keyboard goes back to being set to the centre, and also goes back to being small sized.

Wow, thanks didnt knew about this.

Wasnt swiping the space bar for changing keyboard language? Thats how I must changed it without noticing.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it's entirely due to a weak processor. Action Center Lag has been a thing since Windows 10 came out; I even get substantial lag on my 950 XL, but ONLY really with scrolling and Action Center usage. I've tested this on three devices with the same build of Windows 10 (latest anniversary) and so far, all of them but the 1520 for SOME reason have action center lag.

Which is annoying, because I might as well buy a 650 since my 950 XL wants to act like a Low-Ram and Weak Processing device.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Action Center lag isn't nice, but what's really annoying is "Resuming..." when switching from Lock screen to Start screen...

LGJAZ

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
My action center works just fine I guess, I just discovered how to use reading this thread. My problem is getting to some of the actions in the actions center.
I am trying to turn "quiet hours" on and I can't get it done. When I pull down the action center "quiet hours' is not a listed tile. When I go to "all setting" "display and notifications" there is a quiet hours tile, but you can't select it there, you can move it by holding the tile down but let go of it it just snaps back to where it was. At the top of the page in "all settings" "display and notifications" it states that all these tiles are in your "action center." How do I get "quiet hours" to display in the "action center"

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
My action center works just fine I guess, I just discovered how to use reading this thread. My problem is getting to some of the actions in the actions center.
I am trying to turn "quiet hours" on and I can't get it done. When I pull down the action center "quiet hours' is not a listed tile. When I go to "all setting" "display and notifications" there is a quiet hours tile, but you can't select it there, you can move it by holding the tile down but let go of it it just snaps back to where it was. At the top of the page in "all settings" "display and notifications" it states that all these tiles are in your "action center." How do I get "quiet hours" to display in the "action center"
You should be able to go to settings->system-> notifications and actions and drag the tiles you want to display there, to the bottom row.

Sent from mTalk

Hyrokumata

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I am also facing the lag on my Lumia 650. I got it today and was the first thing I noticed. However, I am not sure if it was laggy on Threshold 2 (that came pre-installed). But on AU is quite noticeable. The funny thing is that on my Lumia 530 (Snapdragon 200, 512MB RAM and Adreno 302) it's smooth. Both on latest AU update.
And yes, it's smoother with Settings app opened for example.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo