Camera cant focus after OTA update

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I did the OTA update for my ATT 950 and now my camera is useless taking pictures for anything more then 3 feet away. It was working great until this update came out. How can I go back to the previous update or fix my camera?

Thanks

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, Yes I have done the reset a few times. That did not seem to help. whenever I touch the screen to try and focus on that part my camera has a slight wobble and warp to it. Its very strange. I just want the other firmware back. The pictures where great.

Does anyone know who I can contact at MS about this camera issue?

Here is a link to a video showing what is going on with the camera.
[video]https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkWlpOMPalJnoIIflHPTIR-GWJv5ig[/video]

Last edited:

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually experiencing the exact same thing. I saw another poster start a thread about this too, and he went and got his phone replaced. Basically, it has trouble focusing at all, even if I touch the screen, and you can hear the shutter going crazy any time the camera is activated by an app. Just a lot of clicking. Focus goes in and out, the image on the screen kind of "warbles", for lack of a better description, and today, I got some error code when I opened the camera app (didn't have a chance to write it down). Anyone fix this issue by hard-resetting/firmware update, or does it sound like trying to get a new one is the only option?

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Actually, yeah. Just tried it. But the camera it still acting up when using manual focus. Just a lot of mechanical noises coming from the shutter, screen skips or goes fuzzy. Actually, I'm having tons of issues with my phone now on the most recent release preview build.

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to say I had to go get a new 950. I went to a MS store and they gave me a new one. Its not the ATT branded phone but I could care less about any ATT apps.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually, yeah. Just tried it. But the camera it still acting up when using manual focus. Just a lot of mechanical noises coming from the shutter, screen skips or goes fuzzy. Actually, I'm having tons of issues with my phone now on the most recent release preview build.

The the issue is hardware, perhaps aggravated or caused by the update. If its under warranty you better get it switched out or repaired.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro