Farwell Icon friends.

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Today my phone shattered. I guess 2 1/2 years without a case was a good run. Unfortunately, neither Verizon and Asurion have Icons available. I "upgraded" to a 735 as it is the only Windows device Verizon still carries. Fingers crossed for a new high end phone in the near future.

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a certified refurbished Icon on Amazon (coming from a 928.). There are some reasonable deals out there, if in fact you end up not digging the 735 of course

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So far, the 735 has been a decent phone.

I do miss the hardware camera button. Surprisingly, the camera is quite good which was one of the things I worried about. In reality, I think the higher megapixels wasn't something I personally took advantage of.

The battery life is WAY better than my Icon running W10M. I'm sure the age of my Icons battery probably played a factor, but it's nice to finish the day with 50%+ remaining.

Apps seem slightly slower to launch. Especially FB but that was slow on the Icon also. Everything else seems to be up within a few seconds. Nothing that has caused me frustration.

I'll probably keep am eye out for an Icon, but this 735 can also hold me over if word comes out regarding a Surface Phone.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the 930, international sibling to the Icon. Neither was known for stellar battery life, unfortunately. Hope you continue to enjoy your 735.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
As you stated, the 735 is a nice little phone. It should hold you over if and when the Surface phone is released.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans