Got a new update (didn't want it), and now endless reboots

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Gets as far as the windows icon, then it reboots.

I don't know how far it got through the update, just that it reset itself, started the update, I left it alone, and now it just endlessly reboots.

If I hold down the power button, it reboots before it hits the windows icon, but that's about it... not sure what else I can do.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Gets as far as the windows icon, then it reboots.

I don't know how far it got through the update, just that it reset itself, started the update, I left it alone, and now it just endlessly reboots.

If I hold down the power button, it reboots before it hits the windows icon, but that's about it... not sure what else I can do.

Sorry to see you n such a mess, you have two options at this stage and both of them involves resetting the device through which you may loose unsaved data on internal memory.

First step involves using Windows Device Recovery tool to flash your device back to the OS version available on the server. for your lumia 1520 most probably windows phone 8.1. You can find the WDRT tool here:> https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

Further you can upgrade your phone to latest windows 10 p build using upgrade adviser from the store.

Second step involves a key combo to hard reset your device , follow these steps to safely hard reset your device using key combos:>

:>press and hold the Volume down and Power Button at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10-15 seconds).

:>When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.

:>Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up Volume down , Power Button , Volume down . Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.).

You will get your phone working in no time after this, good luck :)

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I recently used upgrade advisor for my 1520.3 and it did say that I could upgrade so I did. My phone ran great for about a month till last week. It starting cycling on and off at one point it said I needed to fix my SD card. Then the battery went dead quickly. It seemed like when the phone gets to around 50% it gets erratic. It seem weird that the phone would charge up daily quick too. I decided to go back to Denim windows 8.1 for now with windows phone restore software. I guess from reading the posts here windows 10 phone is not ready for prime time on the 1520.3

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok after going back to 8.1 my phone still experienced issues with battery and memory card. I decided to change my 32gig scandisk Class10 and copy its content to a PC then copy to a Samsung Class10 card. I didn't realize have of my apps operate from the original memory card so when i put the Samsung card it the phone would not see the apps that originally had it said to install the original memory card back. At this point I decided to wait it out and see what happens. The battery to 60% then puff off. I then decided to use my transcend class 4 memory card and charge the phone back up. It been stable on Sunday worked with it a little to drain the battery. Phone didn't not kill the battery. I decided to put my original scandisk back in and it been stable so far. Maybe on window 10 mobile you cant use the class 10 microsd card but you can on 8.1 on the Lumia 1520. I used and app that will test drain the battery and I did it twice and it seems like about a min the battery goes from full to 2% when the phone just shuts down. in case I still have a battery issue I ordered a battery and tool kit on eBay and I have that on the way too.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe on window 10 mobile you cant use the class 10 microsd card but you can on 8.1 on the Lumia 1520.

Since moving to W10M on my 1520 I had problems with a Sandisk class 10 card I had been using. I moved to a Samsung EVO card that is UHS-I and have had no issues since.

I'm not sure if it is the brand, or if Upgrading to W10M with the SD card in the slot does something to the card... I don't believe it is the speed of the card that makes a difference.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Since moving to W10M on my 1520 I had problems with a Sandisk class 10 card I had been using. I moved to a Samsung EVO card that is UHS-I and have had no issues since.

I'm not sure if it is the brand, or if Upgrading to W10M with the SD card in the slot does something to the card... I don't believe it is the speed of the card that makes a difference.

You talking about this model https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IVPU7A...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3573253
When you used the SanDisk did your battery drain become a problem? It to much of a coincidence that when I put windows 10 on my phone that after month I had battery issues. Now today being back on Windows 8.1 for a couple days when the battery gets to around 70-80% puff phone shuts down when I charge it it happens quickly to 100%. This is with the SanDisk in the slot. Many of my apps are installed on there and I hate to have to recreate all that on a new microsd. I did order a new battery from eBay in case I do need it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yeah. I took that in 32GB.

I can't say I saw any drastic battery drain. My symptoms were that the card said it had errors on every boot no matter what phone I put it in and trying to save pics to SD was abysmal...

Tried fixing the errors with the card on PC and resetting the warning flag (there was a post about that somewhere a few months ago) and the fix only lasted for one boot. I just gave up on the card.

On the plus side, the Samsung tests faster on my PC and in my phone than the Sandisk ever did for Read and Write.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro