Firmware Update and W10 AU now live

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Firmware version 002.0000.00067.0088 is now live on WDRT and OTA. It should include the Anniversary Update.
Includes HP Display Tools App, WinZip, HP 12C Calculator, Fingerprint sign-in, double tap to wake, motion wake/lock, various fixes

Last edited:

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Excellent news. Thank you.

No OTA availability yet. Since I am already on the Fast Ring release, I may wait a day or two to see if the FW update becomes available by itselt.

TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER: Coming in OTA now through Phone Update in the Settings Menu. It's called "HP Update for Windows Phone."

A FEW MINUTES LATER: Crashed and burned on restart with error 0x800705b7. F***!

FINAL UPDATE ABOUT SEVEN HOURS AFTER INITIAL POST: Got updated through WDRT, then spent hours rebuilding my app collection. Hard to say after dark, but the camera seems to produce sharper images. Can't wait to try it in the full light of day tomorrow morning. I got double tap working, but as I said in another thread probably won't use it now that the fingerprint unlock is in the picture. Unlocking is still a little laggy, and not every app opens right now. But this feels like a major improvement to me. I haven't played with the 12C calculator yet, but may give it a workout tomorrow just for grins.

Having some Band 2 problems that seem to be connected more to the GPS function in the band than to the newly renamed Band app on the phone. That needs more study.

WDRT backed me down to 14393.189 from 14926, but I chose to enable Release Preview and move up to 14393.221. That's cooking right now. More reports tomorrow if there is anything worth saying.

Last edited:

MOBBAK

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by DCW1000
Excellent news. Thank you.

No OTA availability yet. Since I am already on the Fast Ring release, I may wait a day or two to see if the FW update becomes available by itselt.

TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER: Coming in OTA now through Phone Update in the Settings Menu. It's called "HP Update for Windows Phone."

You need to use Windows Recovery Tools to get the best experience without any errors

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't find the exact cause of that error, you may just want to start the update again and see if it works the second time.

For those who already have Windows build 14393.189, you'll only see HP Update for Windows Phone. If you're still on the original build, you'll see both HP Update and Windows 10 Update listed, it only needs to restart once to complete both.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
A note on some of the new features:
Double Tap can be found under Settings > Extras > Double Tap. It's not very sensitive by default, but you can adjust it.
The screen is supposed to turn on when you pick it up (makes Iris easier to use and also eliminates the need for Glance screen) and turns off (locks for security) when you set it down. It's not very sensitive so you might not notice it at all.
Fingerprint reader is always on when the device is locked. If you press the sensor when the screen is off, it will unlock immediately, no lock screen.
HP Display Tools will auto-launch when you connect to an external display. The app will black out the screen and display the time (almost like glance screen) after the time you set, and will remain unlocked until the set time. It's intended to be used with Continuum and the Desk Dock, but you can launch it anytime, and/or turn off the auto-launch behavior.
You can turn off Navigation Bar vibration in Settings > Personalize > Navigation Bar. You can also enable double tap to turn off here.
HP 12C Calculator is designed to mimic HP's physical calculator. The full calculator is only visible in landscape orientation. The Menu button in the bottom left has settings and help.
Charging LED will be red when charging, green when fully charged. Flashing red when battery is below 10%. Cannot be adjusted or disabled, although it's not too bright.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

you are on fast ring , anything could go wrong . If you are still facing the error, step down to the production release through WDRT then get the update and if you like to join the fast ring again.

loudog3114

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Double Tap can be found under Settings > Extras > Double Tap. It's not very sensitive by default, but you can adjust it.

Wowee - Quick note on DT2W. On this phone, it uses the motion sensor, and not the screen to detect double taps. And not only that, but a double-tap from the lock screen will turn OFF the device as well. So, for instance, if you set your nav then put the phone in a bike mount or car mount where it may take some vibrations, the phone will blink at you for the entirety of your commute. I know from experience.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
you are on fast ring , anything could go wrong . If you are still facing the error, step down to the production release through WDRT then get the update and if you like to join the fast ring again.

Not to mention fast ring is a different branch than anniversary update. So the fixes ms and hp put into anniversary update won't be there. Who knows how long it will take them to merge it.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Those are actually two separate features. There is Double Tap to wake, which must be enabled to use, and is not very sensitive (often takes me a few tries to get it to wake).

The other feature is "raise to wake" and "place down to lock". These are enabled by default, cannot be turned off or disabled (CORRECTION: Disabling Double Tap will disable this feature too.).
The screen turns on when the phone is picked up (uses motion sensor), although it's also not very sensitive (works about half the time from my experience).
The screen will turn off and the device will lock when placed on a table (or any stable surface). This works 99% of the time from my experience, it's very reliable. It's a good security feature, especially if you set your phone down in a public space, although there's no way to prevent it so you'll have to unlock the device every time you set it down.

If you put the phone in a car mount or especially bike mount, the motion may be cause it to trigger this feature so that may be why it keeps blinking on/off.

Last edited:

loudog3114

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Those are actually two separate features. There is Double Tap to wake, which must be enabled to use, and is not very sensitive (often takes me a few tries to get it to wake).

The other feature is "raise to wake" and "place down to lock". These are enabled by default, cannot be turned off or disabled.
The screen turns on when the phone is picked up (uses motion sensor), although it's also not very sensitive (works about half the time from my experience).
The screen will turn off and the device will lock when placed on a table (or any stable surface). This works 99% of the time from my experience, it's very reliable. It's a good security feature, especially if you set your phone down in a public space, although there's no way to prevent it so you'll have to unlock the device every time you set it down.

If you put the phone in a car mount or especially bike mount, the motion may be cause it to trigger this feature so that may be why it keeps blinking on/off.

I am fairly confident it is DT2W that was doing it, and not the raise to wake/sleep feature. At first I definitely thought it was raise to wake causing it, but changing the angle of the device did nothing, and when I finally just removed it from the bike mount it went back to acting normal, making me believe it was the vibrations on the bike causing the wake/sleep. I dropped the DT2W sensitivity way down, will report my results on the ride home.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
The other feature is "raise to wake" and "place down to lock". These are enabled by default, cannot be turned off or disabled.

I'm pretty sure the auto off/table thing is tied to DT2W though. If you disable D2TW then those features do not work.

Neat stuff, though. While not perfect maybe with a few updates it can be improved.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

Ahh, so that's my problem. I was not able to use Waze this mornging, because the thing would constantly turn off. I have screen timeout set for three minutes, so was thinking there was a bug.

Need to figure how to "fix" this "feature." I put the device down all the time in meetings and then pick up to take notes. I don't want it off

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Looks like disabling Double Tap does disable the automatic wake/lock, in addition to the double tap to wake. Settings > Extras > Double tap

If you don't want to disable the whole feature though, fingerprint unlock is the fastest if you're picking it up to use, since it bypasses the lock screen. I've gotten used to pressing the ring on the back instead of pressing the power button. It's a little harder if you're trying to use it without picking it up, in that case, double tap and then PIN is probably the easiest option.
It's a great security/privacy feature, especially in a public place, but it's incredibly sensitive. Hopefully it'll be refined with a future update.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE - Turned DTTW off and the phone no longer turns off when i put it down.

So far, so good. Now just checking out the camera. I miss the camera button - yes we business people use it too - and will be setting up the desk dock in my remote office later.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
One more feature that I forgot to mention in my earlier list, although I think it's from the Anniversary Update (not specific to this device):
Settings > System > Phone > Audio routing settings > During a call, turn on the speaker when I move my phone away from my ear
Haven't tried it out, but it sounds like a useful feature, similar to how the Lumias had Flip to Silence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte