Groove music turns off when lock screen comes on.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Check if Groove is allowed to run in background.

To do this open Settings app. In the search bar, type background apps and tap on the first result of the same name. Or go to Privacy > Background apps.

Here you'll see a list of apps each having an on/off toggle.

Scroll down to Groove Music and check if the toggle is set to On. If no, turn it on. If yes, turn it off and on again.

Now, go to System > Battery > click the blue link titled Battery usage by app

Wait for the list of apps to appear. Scroll down to Groove Music (If you cannot find it in the list then set Time to 1 Week at the top of the page).

Tap on Groove Music and select the first radio option titled Always allowed in background.

Done. Now see if you can reproduce the problem.

If yes then try restarting your phone and as a last resort, hard reset your phone.

Hope this helps :)

Celticg

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Mines was doing that earlier til I checked the background app. Might have been something that changed the settings from the recent update.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Mines was doing that earlier til I checked the background app. Might have been something that changed the settings from the recent update.
Im on att 950 but have you had any problems with the map? I cant pin anything, it freezes then crashes.

Celticg

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Im on att 950 but have you had any problems with the map? I cant pin anything, it freezes then crashes.

Just tested it out on mines. I'm ATT 950 on the preview build. It crashes when I try to pin a location. That recent update messed up more then I noticed.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Never had a problem with this before the last update. Would play fine with no problems before.

The case is, after anniversary updates, a lot of background tasks no longer work with Battery Saver on, when they worked with it on before, like Groove, now have to set it to always allow to work in the background. The most important thing is Glance Screen, for me at least, it no longer works with Battery Saver on and you can not change it to allow it with Battery Saver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon