Why is 950xl Dual Sim Always Overheating When Recording Vidoe

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Last month i bought a new 950xl DS. I love the phone, but there's this strange heating issue am facing. I have used the WDRT and Hard Reset on several occasions to solve the problem. But still. I could have manage it but the most worrying one is when always video recording have to stop about 20 to 30mins into the recording because of the heating issues. It always stops the video recording and displays

"WE NEED TO COOL DOWN, Your device is overheating, so we had to stop recording for now. We've saved your video, and you can try again in a little while."

Guys pls help me with any solution to solve this problem cos its really disturbing me. Thanks in Advance.

MAK11

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
This is not a bug. This is how every smartphone on the market works. Video recording/Encoding is the most compute intensive task that the SoC has to handle so there's no way around that. The only way to mitigate that is to record at a lower resolution (1080P/720P instead of 4K)

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok folks. I returned the phone last thursday and yesterday i received a new one. Today i used it to record church service for 1hr 46min without any heating issues. And am very happy. I will continue to monitor and report any development here. Thanks to you all for your help.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I used to have that problem in older builds but sine anniversary I haven't had issues. I never tried to record for so long though, 30-40 mins? wow. That's a lot of screen on time and encoding!

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that's a way to test the ability of the Lumia 950xl. Because i used to record over 2hrs and more on the Lumia 1520 without any hitch. It was soo smooth. And i was doing that every week without any problem at all. So i believe with a better camera and processor on the Lumia 950xl it should perform better than the Lumia 1520.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's a way to test the ability of the Lumia 950xl. Because i used to record over 2hrs and more on the Lumia 1520 without any hitch. It was soo smooth. And i was doing that every week without any problem at all. So i believe with a better camera and processor on the Lumia 950xl it should perform better than the Lumia 1520.

However hampered by a known bad chip for over heating....

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
However hampered by a known bad chip for over heating....

I may agree with you because this Sunday, I did another recording for 2hrs and 2mins without issues. And battery left was 45%, So it's a good indication that the previous one may have a bad chip for overheating

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos