Dropping back to production build from Insider Fast (950XL

spinzeroWL

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Recently purchased a 950XL+dock for my mum. I installed Insider Fast to see what new things were coming...but have now realised that Microsoft didn't include a USB>USB-C cable, so I cant use WDRT to recover back to the standard W10M production build.

Is it possible to revert to a production build without using a PC? Or am I stuck with the Fast ring until the production build catches up? (Reason im switching back is because the phone is glitchy. Camera button doesn't always launch the camera, & the whole phone sometimes restarts for no reason)

Many thanks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Recently purchased a 950XL+dock for my mum. I installed Insider Fast to see what new things were coming...but have now realised that Microsoft didn't include a USB>USB-C cable, so I cant use WDRT to recover back to the standard W10M production build.

Is it possible to revert to a production build without using a PC? Or am I stuck with the Fast ring until the production build catches up? (Reason im switching back is because the phone is glitchy. Camera button doesn't always launch the camera, & the whole phone sometimes restarts for no reason)

Many thanks

A pc is necessary for reverting back. Buy a cheap usb adapter on amzon or elsewhere
You can try a hard reset for fixing iussues or changing ring to Slow for now

BMT001

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
You can pick one up on Amazon for about $4.00. When I setup my 950 I went fast ring and as expected it was very buggy. But when I upgraded to my 950 XL I set it up for preview build since its my daily driver and it works great. Literally ZERO problems. I would definitely recommend preview release for your daily driver.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

No you will require a PC to rollback and always remember Fast ring is highly experimental and risky as these builds have many un-identified bugs and could even turn your device to a brick and it would have been a nightmare without a usb cable at that situation.

If you wish to stay ahead of the public with low risks and enjoy new builds , join the insider release preview ring.

Last edited:

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
my 950xl came with a USB to usbc cable - odd that yours did not. I too am about to roll back. latest insider build is absolutely awful

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)