Elite X3 -Daily Driver

Mark Griffiths

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi all so I have my HP Elite and am having mixed emotions so far..on the positive side the Continuum experience is great...to think that I can have one device for all my computing is a dream come true....can't wait to get my hands on the lapdock!! The Windows experience under AU is also really good...not displeased with this at all and I have used every OS in detail as I have had many phones from all of the competitors over the last few years....okay so to my question....Who intends to use this as a daily driver outside work?

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
It's my everyday phone now and has been for many days. Before the firmware update I was thinking I might take the SIM out and put it back in the 950XL, but the x3 is a much more solid device now than it was when it was delivered by UPS. It's not 100 percent, of course -- no phone ever has been for me or maybe even could be. But at least I have a few reliable if different alternatives to fall back on if I wake up in a strange mood some day or want to carry a smaller phone for a while or maybe one with a sharper camera. It's nice to have choices, but the x3 is my preferred choice for the foreseeable future.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's my everyday phone now and has been for many days. Before the firmware update I was thinking I might take the SIM out and put it back in the 950XL, but the x3 is a much more solid device now than it was when it was delivered by UPS. It's not 100 percent, of course -- no phone ever has been for me or maybe even could be. But at least I have a few reliable if different alternatives to fall back on if I wake up in a strange mood some day or want to carry a smaller phone for a while or maybe one with a sharper camera. It's nice to have choices, but the x3 is my preferred choice for the foreseeable future.

Yes the latest update has helped a lot. I'm on fast ring and I think I'm going to change back to normal updating speed to not get too experimental. It's a great phone overall!!

-m

sidtek50

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I'd love the x3, it looks fantastic. I've just ordered the 950 as an upgrade from the 640, so I'll be using that for a long while. I'll keep an eye on this forum though.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Mark Griffiths

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Tomorrow I am trying the Ethernet port in my office....if I can get access to my sales files on my X3 directly from the company server I am hooked for sure....this could be the best phone slash computer purchase that I have ever made.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Tomorrow I am trying the Ethernet port in my office....if I can get access to my sales files on my X3 directly from the company server I am hooked for sure....this could be the best phone slash computer purchase that I have ever made.

Please do update us on this. Would love to know how the phone works for office use.

treiz

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
X3 as my daily driver for over a month now. It was a bit rough before the big update, but I ran the insider workaround to get to the latest release preview and that fixed nearly everything. The only noticeable problem that I had when the big update finally hit was the camera bug, and that's fixed now too. I picked up a HP case this past weekend though it doesn't have a kickstand it will do until more third party cases hit the market. I am eagerly awaiting the laptop dock as well. I heard it was supposed to be out this month in one of their demo videos (for whatever that's worth), hopefully they get it out on time.

alodar101

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Day 1, never looked back. It marginally better than my XL, and much better than my s7 Edge and iPhone 6s +. and when I compare it to my Note 7.....pfft....

josephan

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the X3 for about a month as well and I remain relatively happy with it. As mentioned by others, I agree that W10 Mobile isn't as polished as Android or Apple. Apps freeze up or require work arounds. I get daily app crashes where I have to start the app a few times but eventually it starts up. I look at the X3 as a device with Windows and over the years I got used to having to tweak Windows to get it going the way I want. On the other hand I also spent last month with my ill fated Note 7. Now that was a polished consumer device. Build and design was best I have ever experienced. Iris scanner was faster and more accurate than on X3. MSFT/HP should steal the goggles outline for your eyes from Note 7 so that user has a target for iris scanner...at this point Samsung may not mind. The camera on the Note 7 blows away the Elite X3. I also had the zoom and wide angle lens attachments for the Note 7 and while it was an awkward setup, the images were DSLR like. Anyway, my Note 7 is headed to a landfill or maybe the middle of the Pacific, so, so much for polished consumer devices. I am enjoying the adventure that is the Elite X3.

xyaqubx

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I bought first HP Elite X3 when Note 7 was first time recalled, I was traveling and need a phone, plus wanted to try HP Elite X3, I had in a past brief episode with Lumia 950xl , so kind of knew what to expect from OS.There is no doubt Elite X3 is so much better then 950 xl, got much better after anniversary update. Then I received Note 7 replacement and decided to return HP Elite X3 but decision which phon I should keep wasn't easy.2 days after sending phone back, Note 7 was recalled again :) So even my Note 7 was (still is) working perfect, I not risking to keep it.Now I got another HP elite x3 and this would be my daily phone. Part of me actually is happy that I came back to this phone. Note 7 was having so much better camera , without doubt, was quick, smooth , but Elite x3 also is.Plus x3 has much better battery (and not risk of blowing :)). I was using only Android because of Note series, I'm long time ago done for good with iOS. So going back for me to HP Elite x3 was quite easy.Love phone.Not 7 is dead long life to Elite x3.

alodar101

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
How's the camera comparing to S7 edge / note 7?
Samsung cameras are better, but I'm not a huge camera guy. This cam still takes good pics. I think the phone cam experts see the differences....but I don't...because I really don't care. If you don't really care about taking pics....all the benefits from a good cam are lost. And they are lost on me....So, I'm ok with this cam.

PS

Alex Zapata

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
A question for people in the US. Is MS only selling the dual-SIM variant? I went into an MS store today and there were two SIM indicators with no real useful info on the website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon