Lumia 640 Main camera.

SGA016

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently using a Lumia 640, it has a 8 megapixel rear camera, which for some reason since Windows Camera, on Windows10mobile got updated, it shows 16:9 photos as a 6megapixel photo, and 4.3 as a 8 mpx option.
I know all cameras, works with those options, widescreen photos being available with lower quality. But, It was not an option when I first got the phone.
All I want is taiking photos as the phone was destiny to do it, 16.9 picture, using the 8mpx option, instead of 6.
Any idea?

rusty502

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
The sensor aspect ratio of 4:3 is the issue,......a 16:9 aspect ratio picture is a crop, it does not utilize the full surface area of the CMOS sensor, it crops the top and bottom off ....pretty much the way it is in the digital photography world.....it is a hold over from the film days and making prints.....sorry, but no way to change it, and I don't know of any consumer cameras that are any different.

Sent from mTalk

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The sensor aspect ratio of 4:3 is the issue,......a 16:9 aspect ratio picture is a crop, it does not utilize the full surface area of the CMOS sensor, it crops the top and bottom off ....pretty much the way it is in the digital photography world.....it is a hold over from the film days and making prints.....sorry, but no way to change it, and I don't know of any consumer cameras that are any different.

Sent from mTalk

Fun fact, (at least some) Lumia's like the 920 have a multi-aspect ratio sensor that's a bit better than just cropping. illustrated here:

920-pv.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss