Major Problem with my X3

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my X3 a couple of days ago. The problem that I have is as soon as I connect it to my wireless router it kills the wireless connection not only to the X3 but all my other wireless devices connected to the network, the only way to get router working again is to power it off and then on again. I have updated it, I have hard reset it and even used the recovery tool and it doesn't matter, once it connects to the wireless network within minutes it kills the wireless network and all my devices disconnect.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
That's strange. I've noticed that I've had to reset a couple of my other devices in the last few days. since I've connected to my LAN with my x3. I wonder if it could be the source? I've never had a device that could hang the router itself before. Apart from that, my wifi connection has been better with the x3 than ever it was with my 950 XL.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Sounds more like a wireless router issue. What brand \ model do you have and have you upgraded the firmware?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Its a shaw Cable router, and I changed it for a new one yesterday and still have the same issue when the X3 connects to it, none of my other devices have issues and that includes TV's laptops tablets PC and other windows phones, just when the X3 connects to it.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed today that it says its connected to LTE but when I go into settings it tells me that there is no LTE APN, very slows speeds like 3G speed when checking speed. I am going into MS now and changing out the unit to see if it makes a difference.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
OK changed for new device and has the same problem, connects for about 5 minutes then crashes my wifi, even when its the only device connected. LTE is still very slow and bad. I'm currently doing software recovery and update and see if that makes a difference. I'm really getting frustrated because I love the look and feel of the phone but whats the point of owning a phone that crashes my wifi and gets 3G speeds and paying over $1000.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
LTE will depend on the network. You'll probably have to go to them to get LTE working. Usually it will get loaded in when the carrier activates the SIM, but sometimes they have to do extra configuration to get you onto the LTE network.

As for the Wi-Fi issue, that sounds like a problem with the router since there's not really any way for a connected device to take down the whole network (that I can find or think of). It may be the router switching from a 2.4GHz band to a 5GHz band (if you have A/B/G wireless on the router), too many clients for the DHCP server to handle, or just simply the router being unable to process all the devices. I'm not an expert on wireless networks, so I could be wrong here, but I do have some experience so this is what I'm thinking may be happening.
Can the other devices reconnect? Does the x3 connect at all? Do you have access to the router configuration and/or logs? Does the x3 work on other wireless networks?
Sorry about all the questions, just trying to help. I've never heard of an issue like this and it seems very unusual.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
the SIM is already activated and receives excellent LTE speeds on all my other phones, tested. The wifi issue is caused by the X3, even with all other devices disconnected it kills the wifi both on 2.4 and 5, cant really explain it, this is a brand new cable modem router picked up last night cause at first I thought it was a problem with the router and not the phone. No other devices that I use on the network cause issues, only when the X3 connects to it. No the other devices can not reconnect after the network goes does, I have to reboot the cable modem/router. When the router goes down wired connection still works but wireless does not work and is not visable to any of my other devices. If I turn off wifi on the X3 and reboot the router everything works smooth as butter getting 170 down 40 up. The LTE speeds being bad are just on the X3 same sim in other Lumia devices, android and iPhone get great speeds, so that too is strictly the X3 issue. I'm taking the phone back tmo and getting refund cause I cant pay over $1000 for a 3G phone that cant connect to my wifi.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a bug with the X3, but no router should let a wireless device crash it, just by connecting to it, unless the device that is connecting to the AP is malicious in nature and knowingly exploits bugs/vulnerabilities. Sorry, but your routers are at fault, too.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
You are probably having a security event triggered on the router. You are probably trying to use an unsupported encryption method.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
nope tried everything, its not my first ride at the rodeo, there are compatibility issues with the phone and router, also compatibility issues with Telus in Canada. Already talked with them and the phone is set up correctly. Anyways have returned it now for a refund.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
nope tried everything, its not my first ride at the rodeo, there are compatibility issues with the phone and router, also compatibility issues with Telus in Canada. Already talked with them and the phone is set up correctly. Anyways have returned it now for a refund.

Hmm, Interesting I would have asked for a bit more info but since you've already returned it for a refund that request would be moot lol.

Any thoughts as to what your next phone may be?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos