Lumia 950xl rebooting every hour

vishal mehta1

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20161016_0001.jpgI have had this phone since its launch with no issues, but lately its being rebooted every hour easily. Last night I got this message that phone is locked due to security reason. Plug it for more than 2 hours and then restart to use. I have attached an image. Can any one help me out here, how can I avoid this rebooting? I am using the Windows 10 Mobile Production version 10.0.14393.321.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
try doing a factory restore that will clear it up, maybe someone more knowledgeable can help maybe with an easier way of fixing that?

vishal mehta1

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i already did factory reset twice now, still seeing the same issue, Is there a way to change the firmware? I used Device recovery tool twice but still once i start the phone after reset, same thing restarts for no reason. Whether am connected to wifi or not, it restarts :(

vishal mehta1

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Rohitdas, thanks for the message, I checked the battery, if i just look i dont see any bulge, but i do sense it when i touch it in the middle(very little). Do you think i should try for battery replacement?

Thanks
vishal

Rohitdas Mallya B

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi Vishal,

Not sure. Place the battery on a flat surface and give it a spin. If it rotates then your battery is bulged.

Symptoms that I noticed:
  1. Battery discharges quickly
  2. Phone restarts once the charge falls below 60%
  3. Beep sound when the screen goes off
  4. Phone functions normally when you are charging the phone(No restarts)

Regards,
Rohitdas Mallya

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend getting a backup battery anyway, but try Rohitdas' steps and let us know if this is your problem.

vishal mehta1

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, thanks for the replies...i have ordered new battery from Amazon. I will update this thread once I change the battery and see if that resolves the issues. 😊

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
you can get a replacement for free form Microsoft service center if you are still under warranty or bought an extended warranty after the purchase of your device. As it is quite clear that battery is the mail culprit here do let us know the behavior once you have a replacement battery. :)

vishal mehta1

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Rohit, sadly I do not stay in India, I got the new battery but I still see the same issue :( the phone reboots and battery becomes less at an alarming rate.

I went to Microsoft store but they are out of any phones/batteries for 950xl. I don't know how to fix this. The previous firmware did not cause this issue, is there a way to roll back the firmware? I already tried wdrt but no effect at all.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Before replacing battery try to clean its connectors with a soft cloth that is sprayed with a little alcohol. Also do same to two pins on the back of 950XL as well as two plates on the back cover where those pins connect to back door. Also after back cover is inserted in place push softly on back cover so the two pins connect properly to back cover. Do not scratch tips of the two pins as their connection to back door is vital for 950XL proper functioning.

vishal mehta1

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Mesbah/Rohitdas i tried your suggestions but still the phone is doing the same thing. With the new battery it reboots more :(. I suspect this has to be because of some firmware thing. I remember this don't happen before, once the last firmware came it started :(. Do you guys have any other solutions? This was my primary phone and its difficult to operate like this.

vishal mehta1

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I already tried that ,last i heard there is no lumia 950XL stock anymore since they stopped manufacturing, MS store guys told me to talk to MS support and nothing else :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos