Production Build .321 ? New (??) Bugs Found ? Anyone Else?

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I have been staying on production builds on my L950. I encountered 2 new bugs yesterday, and I have not experienced any of these since the launch of the 950. Now I am just wondering if any others have had a similar experience with the latest production build.

1. Received a call from my wife last night and the display never came on so I could not answer the call. I had to do a soft reset to get the screen to turn back on.

2. Then this morning when my alarm was ringing again the screen display did not turn on. I had to soft reset again and then turn on another alarm so I could sleep in a bit longer.

Last edited:

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I reverted my L950 back from newest Fast Insider build 14936.1000 to Production build .321,

even though Insider's Redstone 2 build had a lot of new features and improvements in that regard, performance and bugs was horrible, it ruined my phone to dust, contacts where gone and could not be restored, Microsofts built in apps like Messenger, People, Phone could not be open, they just did not work. Glance Screen no longer work with Battery Saver on, which was a worst thing, and I have no idea is it a bug or it is a new change in Redstone 2, because a lot of app and processes no longer work with Battery Saver on, and can not be changed/allowed in background task.

On L950 with Production build .321 and the newest 01078.00053.16236.xxxxx firmware which is already months old, Phone is incredibly stable, smooth, and fast, not a single crash or reboot, phone just works.

There is only thing I can recommend, when you start to notice instability, problems, save all important files and etc. to a SD card or PC and then, do a full reset.

No.1 Reset phone with WDRT to its original state, do not, DO NOT backup anything.
No.2 Update phone to a newest build "which you like" and do Hard Reset on that build, so it completely deletes everything from the past, bugs, previous builds files, and again, most importantly do not backup anything.
No.3 Setup your phone from scratch, re-download all the apps, it will do it automatically from your MS store accounts library, contacts will be restored after signing in with your account and syncing emails. Only you need to do, takes 1 to 2 hours, change phones settings to your liking, Glance, networks, touch, Main Screen and such and then restore files, photos, music and etc. that you backuped "manually" by storing them on SD card or PC. I know it is annoying to do it again, and remember how to setup everything back, but you will do it better this time. You will be surprised how well phone will perform.

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Do you have automatic brightness enabled? This could be the issue. I, and plenty of other people, have had issue waking the phone up when auto brightness is enabled. It would take 5 or 6 pushes of the power button to get the screen to come on. If you do have it enabled, try disabling it to see.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Do you have automatic brightness enabled? This could be the issue. I, and plenty of other people, have had issue waking the phone up when auto brightness is enabled. It would take 5 or 6 pushes of the power button to get the screen to come on. If you do have it enabled, try disabling it to see.
Yes, I have already taken this advice and turned off auto-brightness. I have only experienced these issues one time each. Just wondering if this is something I will have to worry about, or if it is just a one time thing. I am not about to jump off a bridge.

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have already taken this advice and turned off auto-brightness. I have only experienced these issues one time each. Just wondering if this is something I will have to worry about, or if it is just a one time thing. I am not about to jump off a bridge.

I've never run into the two issues you've experienced on my 950. I'm on the latest production build.

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Outlook mail account stopped working. I deleted and re-installed it in vain. Anybody else? Lumia 640 W10 .321.
Update: Outlook.com does not seem to work at all right now even via the browser on my laptop.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Outlook mail account stopped working. I deleted and re-installed it in vain. Anybody else? Lumia 640 W10 .321.
Update: Outlook.com does not seem to work at all right now even via the browser on my laptop.
Working just fine for me now. Did you already go through the outlook update process and lose all of your contact profile pictures?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
That's all I have to say. I have done a factory reset about once every other month. That is too many already.

Doing them often is just exhausting and time consuming. Not being able to use your phone at all for at least 25 minutes is just annoying to keep dealing with.

Haven't had these issues on my 550 by the way, 640 hasn't been updated.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Doing them often is just exhausting and time consuming. Not being able to use your phone at all for at least 25 minutes is just annoying to keep dealing with.

Haven't had these issues on my 550 by the way, 640 hasn't been updated.

It's not just those 25 minutes that are annoying, it really takes a good portion of a day adding apps and logging into accounts and entering endless passwords.

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I surely did lose all of my pictures. Not only that, I also lost all of my contacts because I wanted to delete and reinstall my Microsoft account-based e-mail account on my phone. What a confusion!
And, anyway, outlook.com does not work at all right now it seems
This is what I get:

:-(
Something went wrong
We can't get that information right now. Please try again later.
X-ClientId: 7150361572ED413A98E57BD7AC55BE3D
request-id: 2f56bb18-dd97-4302-8406-f0976a44f896
X-Auth-Error: ADDriverStoreAccessNonLocalException
X-FEServer: AMSPR02CA0046
X-BEServer: VI1PR02MB1375
Date: 10/19/2016 4:21:39 PM
Fewer details...
Refresh the page

Michael Essam

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone experience WiFi disconnections in the new build on Lumia 950? Cause my phone keeps disconnecting and even do not use the wifi, if it is connected, to download apps from the store

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
That's all I have to say. I have done a factory reset about once every other month. That is too many already.
Then, probably you are doing something wrong, factory reset alone most of the times does nothing.

I saw your post so I tried by best with suggestion, a recommendation, what to do, and most importantly how to do it, because it always works, and like I said, I have amazing experience with W10M and L950. It is known that most of the issues comes from endless backups, and unclean memory left with leftovers.

I have used all the OS'es and still, over the years, I had the least problems on Microsoft, and if there was a slight issue, "that I caused myself", it was always easily fixable.

A lot of people complain about some things that i and other have never encountered and visa versa. There are people that has no issues , but there are that has only but issues, in my experience, it all comes down to a user, in everything, or maybe it is luck.

Can't find a good post made by RumoredNow about resets, but here is some:

• Soft Reset - reboots the phone and clears the cache and RAM. This is a button push method using either the Volume Down + Power (older phones) or just the Power Button (newer models) and holding the relevant buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about 10 seconds). Use this to solve minor glitches that may crop up.
  • Hard Reset - another button push method, but used to reflash the last OS version used which is stored in the recovery partition. Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down... Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down... You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery. You do loose data, but get your phone back. Sign into your Microsoft Account and restore your backup during the set up.
  • Factory Reset - this is a software method. It will reflash the last OS version used which is stored in the recovery partition. Access this through Settings > System > About > Reset your phone. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery. You do loose data, but get your phone back. Sign into your Microsoft Account and restore your backup during the set up.
  • Recovery - this is another software method and is done using the Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT) and requires a USB connection to desktop. It will return your device to a predesignated point of stability selected by Microsoft (and or the OEM partner). It may be the version on release of the device or at a predesignated Update point since release. This tool gets updated regularly and is an essential source of Firmware that may have been missed due to using Insider Rings or to revert from Insider builds. This is a tried and true method of getting a "clean install" as a bad entry in the device recovery partition may just perpetuate errors even through Hard Reset or Factory Reset.

For reasons I can't explain, Hard Reset is used interchangeably for the (true) Hard Reset button push method and the Factory Reset software method. Likely this is due to the fact that they achieve the same result. I believe they are different methods and are deserving of a distinction.

• If your phone is "locked up" and becomes unresponsive a Soft Reset should be attempted first. Don't jump to Hard Reset, use Soft Reset to try and get back to operating conditions. If the issues persist, Soft Reset the phone and attempt a Factory Reset next.
  • If your phone needs a refresh and you are able to access Settings, the Factory Reset should be preferred. Why? It is a prepackaged solution that should include coding to prep your phone for the reset. The system is given information that a reset is requested and it may then shut down properly and prepare itself for a reflash from the recovery partition.
  • If your device is unresponsive, WDRT should be the preferred method of recovery. Why? Again, software coding to prep the system. A stable point is established to reset to. Errors on the device are potentially much less able to perpetuate themselves. You may always climb back up in versions via OTA and/or Insider. WDRT is the best method to assure your Firmware is up-to-date.
  • In my opinion, Hard Reset should be the last resort. Why? It should really only be used if your phone is unresponsive and you are left with no alternative. Use Hard Reset only if you are "stuck" without any of the above options working or being available. Due to the unknown nature of what has borked your device, it may be in a position that the Hard Reset button pushes cannot provide the prep needed for the system to shut down properly and perform the reflash. It might be as potentially damaging to the system as shifting your vehicle into park while it is still rolling at speed.
We get a lot of questions on the board about what reset to use and what is the difference. Using Hard Reset to refer to 2 methods (button push & software) only compounds the confusion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikazkhan