Charging issues after 10.0.14946.1000

HarleyBigDog

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
After the update, when my battery gets low, not sure the exact percentage yet, but it MUST be charged with a USB 3.0 charge port on either my computer, or external power pack. I don't have any other higher amp power blocks, so not sure if those would work or not. But keeping the phone plugged into a new USB-C cord, just keeps the battery at same charge level, and heats it up considerably. Not sure if it's this build, or if it's a bad battery.

Anyone else having the same or similar issues?

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it's the battery, bit given other issues I have read about this build...could be a toss up. Try running the battery down to 0 then plug it in to charge on a steady power source overnight...see where it is in the morning. If not charged by then..I would vote for the battery.

HarleyBigDog

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, that is what I'm voting too. But not sure why higher amp charge would work? I know if I plug it into a standard charge outlet, it won't work. Won't work on my QI charger either, and it is a 3 coil high capacity type.

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried a restart yet? I have noticed sometimes that whatever process used by charging gets "confused" at times but gets back on track after I restart.

Although this may have nothing to do with anything.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Don't rule out a hard reset. Get the phone fully charged, do a backup, a hard reset, and a restore. I was having battery issues due to something running in the background that even shutting down and removing the battery would not help. I thought my battery was going. After the hard reset, my battery has been fantastic, the phone keeps cool, and it charges quickly. Several times over the last year I have had issues of something or some process getting stuck in the background causing poor battery performance and overheating. This time nothing worked, including an insider update. The hard reset was my last resort and it took care of it. As long as you do a backup first and a restore after the hard reset, you will not lose too much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234