Distorted sound while recording

Uff182

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I've been using my Lumia 950 since the beginning of the year, but recently it started recording videos with distorted sound: sometimes it has a very low volume, other times the audio is fine, but then you can hear crackling sound which are pretty disturbing.
I usually record at full HD res and 60 fps on a SD card: do you have any experience on this? Anything I can try or alternative video recording programs I can try other than the default camera app?
In the following video you can hear what I refer to as 0:12, 0:49 and in a lot of other moments in the video. What surprises me is that this happens even in a normal recording ambient, with no loud sounds (like in a concert, for example).

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
That's pretty weird indeed. Is there a chance something has affected it? like being near a fan, somebody stomping nearby etc? Try to see if the sudden noise happens at the same time of something else going on somewhere else.
Also something that occurs to me is that if it is connected to the charger, you might have an electrical connection with a bit of noise.... Maybe somebody was using a microwave oven or a blender on the same connection... dunno.

Uff182

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
That's pretty weird indeed. Is there a chance something has affected it?
When I recorded the video, the phone was put on some paper boxes, so I suspected it could have slightly moved, but this problem unfortunately happened even when the phone was being kept with hand. The phone is around 1 meter away from the computer.

Change the recording saved location to phone and not D:/ to eliminate SD card. Does it still happen then?
I've just tried: unfortunately the distorted sound still happens. I also opened the back cover just to check if there was some dust, but eveything seemed fine. Nothing strange to see at a first sight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes