No cellular service says Phone off

waltndi

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950 on ATT running release preview. Build 14393.351. I woke up this morning looked at the phone, in the upper left corner where it usually says ATT LTE it shows the bars with an X through it with the words phone off. Tried restarting no change. wifi works fine. I went to settings tried to reset the att service settings. all the options were greyed out. Took the sim out and put it in an 830, it works fine, with the exception of having to reset visual voice mail. Has anyone seen this issue. I am going to do a hard reset, but thought I would check if anyone has another portion first

Kilika_g35

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a soft reset? From the Start Screen, hold down the Power button for about 10-15 seconds and then releasing it when the power shuts off on the phone. It won't wipe or factory reset your phone like a hard reset, but it's different than just shutting down your phone and then turning it back on. Hope this helps resolve your issue.

SmokinMarley

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
AT&T 1520 here. Last week I woke up with the exact same issue. I first did a soft reset, still no cellular service. I went to AT&T to confirm it wasn't my SIM -- SIM was fine. I then did a backup of my phone then onto a hard reset and back to WP8.1 from W10M Fast Ring. STILL, no cellular connection. Ultimately I did what I had a bad feeling I'd eventually have to do, disassemble my phone. I was afraid I'd break my screen doing so. Fortunately my disassembly was a success and to my relief i discovered my antenna cable hirose connector had some how disconnected. I snapped the connector back to where it should go and reassembled everything. BINGO all was well after...
I'm not saying this is your problem but this might be a safe approach to troubleshoot your issue. If the above doesn't work.... The next step would be to replace your antenna cable or more likely the antenna PCB however your phone is pretty new for such issue to happen. You can always go to AT&T for assistance if your phone is still under weren't. Best of Luck!

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
It's strange, I had that problem a long time ago with my AT&T branded 950. A soft reset would fix it. Recently I've had similar issues with my DS 950 on the Fast Ring. With 15063 and the .2 update. Even during a call it suddenly cut out. Very troubling. Fortunately I text more than call. Lol. I do hope there's a resolution for it. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs