Replacement 650 can't do Mobil hotspot

ewgoforth

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I got a 650 a few weeks ago. It was great for a while then it stopped working altogether. The screen was black and if I tried plugging it into a usb cable into my laptop it couldn't see it either. I sent it back to b2x for repair. They sent me back a replacement phone that can't do internet connection sharing (mobile hotspot). It says that I need to ask AT&T to turn it on. I'm not an AT&T customer. I am a customer of Consumer Cellular, an AT&T mvno. My original 650 did mobile hotspot just fine.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got a 650 a few weeks ago. It was great for a while then it stopped working altogether. The screen was black and if I tried plugging it into a usb cable into my laptop it couldn't see it either. I sent it back to b2x for repair. They sent me back a replacement phone that can't do internet connection sharing (mobile hotspot). It says that I need to ask AT&T to turn it on. I'm not an AT&T customer. I am a customer of Consumer Cellular, an AT&T mvno. My original 650 did mobile hotspot just fine.

Have a look here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/carrier-discussion-lounge/439696-cricket-hotspot-advice-thread.html

You have a phone with firmware requiring permission to Hotspot. Follow the advice for using Interop Tools to unlock this via Registry Edit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon