Who has received the 0002.0000.0014.0100 firmware update?

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Damnit, I bet they still haven't worked out how to release updates to all branches/builds. I hate complaining about this but I expect better. Guess I'm firing up WDRT when I get home...

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Damnit, I bet they still haven't worked out how to release updates to all branches/builds. I hate complaining about this but I expect better. Guess I'm firing up WDRT when I get home...
Update is on Production, but not seeing it either on Fast Ring. Not sure what is up with that. First update it came a few hours later, but it did come OTA for Fast. Second never did (had to WDRT). Let's see what happens here this time.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, while I agree they should not be, there is a publishing issue that continues to be a problem for MS and the OEM publishing the updates (HP in this case). This causes devices on certain insider rings to not "see" the update. Therefore, those of us on the Fast ring are not getting firmware updates OTA. The only reason this is acceptable (IMO) is because we know going into the Insider program, to expect issues. However, I would argue that we should not be jumping through these types of hoops - when RS2 is released it will be going to devices running the new (or newer) firmware, so our feedback should reflect the OS performing on production hardware (including new firmware revisions).

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
PerfectReign, unfortunately it is not totally seperate. For Insider rings on the development channel (atm that is fast and flow on RS2) to see the firmware updates, they need to be 'double published', according to Jason.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Seems to me it would depend on what the fw update addresses. Was the first update pre AU? If so maybe that update addressed both builds. The pre AU and AU builds. In which case maybe it HP who is playing catch up.

sent by mTalk

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The reasoning for the delay on Insider rings (as far as I know, may be wrong) is because the Production devices get updates (including firmware and OS) direct from HP, while Insider devices get it from Microsoft (not HP). So for firmware to show up on Insider devices it has to be separately published by Microsoft, while Production gets it as soon as HP releases it.
Again, not 100% sure about this, but I'm pretty sure this is the reasoning for the delay. Ideally MS and HP can work together to get the updates out to everyone faster, but until then, it's just one of the downsides with using prerelease builds.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720