Motion detection, steps, and Microsoft app

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So one of the things that I used to use a lot was the step counter to track my miles of walking in Boston all day.

I used a step counter app, and also Microsoft Band App.

I do have a Microsoft band but don't really use it very much only looking for the functionality of the device to count steps like the 950 XL used to.

The HP however seems to count almost every motion as a step and I wind up with thousands of steps at the end of the day

Any clue if I'm doing something wrong or if it is a bug, and if HP might consider addressing this

Certainly not an enterprise issue but just another issue that was fun and useful

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if it was my device. I recently went from 10-12,000 steps per day to over 30,000. I thought it was the band

Sent from mTalk

jim dickson

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
had the excessive steps issue after the last update, now goes the opposite way and stops working completely randomly for some reason, have tried restarting the phone also reinstalling microsoft band app, cant find anything wrong in my settings either.

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
had the excessive steps issue after the last update, now goes the opposite way and stops working completely randomly for some reason, have tried restarting the phone also reinstalling microsoft band app, cant find anything wrong in my settings either.

Up date to band app made no difference here. Hope this gets fixed

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed this too. May be a bug in the last firmware update (going by dates/step count on my MS Health dashboard), unless anyone knows where I can find a changelog for the Band app?
For now, you can turn off the x3's step counter in Settings > Privacy > Motion > turn off Microsoft Band slider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon