How's the battery life on your lumia 950 xl?

aespix

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
On android we measure with screen on time, so I don't know how much I'm getting but I can say this,
Il unplug at 7 am and by 5 it needs a charge,

Not very happy about it but the quick charge is brilliant and is super quick and I'm going to get a wirelss charger for my desk.

Whats your guys return on the huge 3340 mah battery?

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
On latest fast insider build may be i can make 5hrs on mobile data...on 100% heavy usage like hearing songs,mobile hotspot,watching little bit videos lot of browsing etc..i think i get 10hrs...well it varies person to person that said on new insider build battery 🔋 back up way better...on one occasion I turn on mobile hotspot, locked mobile connect my laptop to hotspot and used for about 2-3hrs it drained from 100% to 85-90%.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
On android we measure with screen on time, so I don't know how much I'm getting but I can say this,
Il unplug at 7 am and by 5 it needs a charge,

Not very happy about it but the quick charge is brilliant and is super quick and I'm going to get a wirelss charger for my desk.

Whats your guys return on the huge 3340 mah battery?

It varies widely and depends on build/usage. If I'm streaming music constantly maybe 5-6 hours. If it's a video I've seen it drain in 4 hours (but not always). If I hardly use it then usually something like 16 hours.

I've had it last as little as 3 hours (don't get me started on that lol) and as long as 1 day 6 hours. There's almost no rhyme or reason to it and how long it lasts.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Overall I find the battery life on the 950xl to be poor, I've had Windows Phones for a long time now and this is the worse it's ever been. If I'm on the train for an hour, Edge and the mobile connection plus listening to music can drain the battery by 50%, meaning I need to take a battery pack with me wherever I go. This is the same on the AU and Inside release preview builds.

scadaman29325b

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm happily surprised at the battery life of the 650xl compared to the 920 a few years ago, but still NOT in the same league as iphone6+. I consider myself a medium to heavy user. I have yet to run out of juice till late evening and most of the time till after midnight. But still needs a lot of work, I would like to see a better life of 36 hours of light to medium/large usage.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine can last me a full day (12 hours at 20%) but my iPhone 7 plus at (12 hours) is at 80% with the same usage... I find the Lumia 950xl acceptable but my opinion is changing after having the iPhone 7 plus, it has like 48 hour battery life.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had some occasional periods where my battery life has not been very good, usually because some process is eating up the battery, and even reboots do not help.. In one case it was my messaging app that I had to turn off in the background and then back on later. A few weeks ago, my battery life went way down, and I often felt the phone running very warm. Nothing I did helped including upgrading to a new insider load. I finally bit the bullet and did a backup, hard reset, and restore. I took several hours to complete, and a day or so for all of my messages to restore, but my phone was back to normal excellent battery life, where I run from 7am to well past midnight and normally still have 30% to 40% of my battery left. And it pretty much stays cool most of time. So if your battery life starts to tank, don't rule out a hard reset to clean things up. I was beginning to think my battery was going, but it now as good as it ever has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs