Sync or SINK, Nothing is syncing, might put phone in toilet. 950.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Syncing not working.
1.bookmarks
2.reading list
3.text messages not being pushed though onto pc or laptop action center.
what's going on?
Texts worked last week but not now.
edge bookmarks and reading list DOES NOT sync all settings correct.
Onedrive does work.
Such a clever idea having devices syncing together but its not working. Tried adding 1 item to bookmarks and 1 item to reading list via laptop, this is not replicated on the 950, no metered connection, no background restrictions.
this sucks.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Just saw this. You are not alone. Until the last Insider build 14959, I have found Edge sync to be spotty at best. I sync'd my bookmarks from Chrome to Edge on a desktop using a MS account and they NEVER sync'd to my L950 through several OS revisions including the released Anniversary version and a couple Insider builds. The 950 did get bookmarks but they were very old and not current so I am assuming it is a server issue somewhere. Also, each build got the SAME old out of date bookmarks.

But.... when I installed Insider build 14959, the current bookmarks suddenly sync'd. I have not updated them on the PC so I can't say if they are continuing to update to the phone but they did sync at least once, which is an improvement.

Paul

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Exact same issue, old bookmarks but not current and up to date, reading list has never worked with syncing, I sent feedback to MS last night asking to enable a manual sync feature for Edge. Should be easy enough.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
After the new production build .448 install last night my bookmarks were all fully and correctly synced- Laptop-Phone, this pleased me, BUT reading list still does not do any type of syncing and seems a dead end issue!?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb