Was the battery drain fixed in latest updates ?

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
After upgrading and downgrading several times to WM10 and back to WP8.1, due to that issue, is it finally fixed ?
Thanks in advance

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
.321 has better battery backup but still not reach to wp8.1 level. You've to wait for RS1 March public update.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
We are awaiting the latest cumulative update for mobile to be released on 8th November and can give a better answer for this after that. Because latest builds do bring battery improvements and as we are moving ahead rating the battery on a previous/older build will be wrong. But currently it has been poor , my lumia 730 somehow manages to give a day of backup but charges very slow with regular notifications that the device is charging slowly even on factory charger,.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Waiting... Thanks

Alrighty here's what makes the issue complicated.

There's a lot of factors that go into battery life, and it will vary from user to user a lot.

It can be a matter of luck with W10M or user expectations.
I know turning off Push for a lot of my email accounts added a couple hours on this other phone I have.

There's a lot of settings and infinite app install permutations, any of which may affect battery life.

Also, battery life tends to be poorer the first couple days after an upgrade/setting it up.

Microsoft is always squishing bugs and some of them may use more power, but there's no way of telling if something as vague as "battery drain" was fixed necessarily as some do just fine with 10. You said you upgraded and downgraded multiple times, how long have you stayed on 10, and have you hard reset the phone while it was on 10? That can often fix issues.

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Also, battery life tends to be poorer the first couple days after an upgrade/setting it up.
Can you explain that a bit more ? especially " the first couple days after..."

how long have you stayed on 10
More then a week. I couldn't stand that battery drains. Sometimes battery percentage dropped to 20 % or less, just an hour later I unplugged it from the charger.

have you hard reset the phone while it was on 10? That can often fix issues.
Yes. every upgrade hard reset was done!

There were many other problems with old builds, that i could live with, but never walk around with a battery that could suddenly die. (or drain)

Thanks for your answers bro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea