Who's Buying The Alcatel Idol 4s With Windows Today?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
It releases in stores and online today, this will be my first time getting on jump if it's not too much to put down (most likely buying regardless )ill be getting it when I get off work today, or earlier if I have time to run out for lunch and grab it

Anyone else purchasing today

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This guy just did! I was able to order online and add to my device pay plan account. I'll pay it off next month.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It should be no surprise to those who know me but i got mine earlier today. Wow! That's my initial review. Let me just say the pictures on the internets (Got that from Bush 43) don't do this device justice. I was afraid the gold band would be gaudy based on the images but it's very subdued and it looks great. The camera button doesn't protrude nearly as much as the pics suggest either. I'll have more details later on another thread.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Got mine. Updating to latest production build and it's on a charger at the moment. Haven't had time to get everything squared away the way I like it. I'll get there.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If anyone is picking up their's outright (full price) , please advise if tmobile has no problem unlocking the device for you.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by jasqid
This guy just did! I was able to order online and add to my device pay plan account. I'll pay it off next month.

I just bought mines today setting it up now its noticeably lighter/thinner than my 640 XL ill definitely neeed a case for it just for protection. The Lumia was a tank compared to this

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
On a somewhat bizarre note, I went to my local T-Mobile store (Cedar Hills Beaverton/Portland) to check the phone out and John Legere (TMobile's CEO) walked in a couple minutes later to take twitter pictures. Not sure if I was more surprised to see him in there or if he was more surprised to see someone checking out the Windows phone section.

Phone felt great though, seriously considering picking this one up.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Eager to hear your thoughts about the phone!

loving it so far. big upgrade from my 640 xl. my apps arent crashing , no slowdown and Facebook. is actually usable. i got hot with the initial set up but afterwards its been fine. ill have to go outside and try the camera out tomorrow . the speakers are amazing, on full volume it almost sounds like a loud Bluetooth speaker is in the room. i tried charging it but didnt notice any fast charging however im wondering is there a setting or something for it... i did charge it while it was setting up ill give it another try too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte