BItLocker locked after trying to update to Fast Ring!!

ShlurpnOnaPeach

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else wanted to hop ship to the latest build after they picked up this dope new handset. I did and immediately got the BSOB (blue screen of bitlocker) after first restart. I tried working my way into the Windows Device Recover Tool, but (unsurprisingly) there was no firmware/software on there for the brand new device. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thing back to functioning?

sincerely,
just want to play with my new toy

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else wanted to hop ship to the latest build after they picked up this dope new handset. I did and immediately got the BSOB (blue screen of bitlocker) after first restart. I tried working my way into the Windows Device Recover Tool, but (unsurprisingly) there was no firmware/software on there for the brand new device. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thing back to functioning?

sincerely,
just want to play with my new toy
Is it the bitlocker recovery key screen? Does the device support OTG? If so connect a usb C to usb A otg cable and then plug a keyboard into it, to move forward through the bitlocker recovery.

Sent from mTalk

ShlurpnOnaPeach

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
That's not a bad idea. I just don't have those cables at my access at the moment. I'll see if I can pick something up after class, or if TMO will just swap devices and I can NOT do that again. I'll let you know

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That's not a bad idea. I just don't have those cables at my access at the moment. I'll see if I can pick something up after class, or if TMO will just swap devices and I can NOT do that again. I'll let you know
OTG usb C male to usb A female cable could be used if it supports it. I believe it should.

Sent from mTalk

ShlurpnOnaPeach

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
So, 1 I had no OTG functionality when it was asking my for my bitlocker key. I got an adapter from bestbuy last minute and got nowhere. Since Tmo was around the corner and closed in 10 minutes, I jumped in the car and made it in time. They (of course) had no idea what was going on and swapped out the phone no problem. Lesson learned.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So, 1 I had no OTG functionality when it was asking my for my bitlocker key. I got an adapter from bestbuy last minute and got nowhere. Since Tmo was around the corner and closed in 10 minutes, I jumped in the car and made it in time. They (of course) had no idea what was going on and swapped out the phone no problem. Lesson learned.
I wonder if the dock accessory if/when available would have helped in this situation? Did you verify your phone had USB OTG support?

Sent from mTalk

jlwaters11

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
The phone does NOT like to be Encrypted as well as being on the insider program. Just don't select the ENcrytion. I had to return my first phone after 1 day because of this. So now I'm not on the insider program at the moment nor do I have the encryption enabled. I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't create a "mobile version of this, so if it does lock it's easier to get it unlocked.

Overall I love the phone, except for the Camera button. It's quite annoying as I accidentally launch the camera about a dozen times a day. It would be better if they had designed the camera button to engage after a double tap, this would eliminate accidentally launching the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99