What you love about Lumia 950? Post :)

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys thought I'd start a thread in a positive insight of what you like or love about your Lumia 950. I'll start with mine

I came from having a Lumia 640 that I had for almost a year with that said migrating over to the Lumia 950 been a real pleasure.

From the screen how the colors shine and blacks and whites on a fantastic 5.2 inch screen of amoled. I'm loving it with insane QHD if I'm right.

As for the camera. Honestly when I think of how the Lumia 640 compared I was blown away of the lumia 950 details and focus of the 20MP I've never had anything in my life this amazing and the 3LED really makes a pic looks lovely.

The CPU/GPU ok granted it's not a 810 with adreno 430 like the XL. If I have that right but still with a 808 and adreno 418 on the 950. Honestly I don't feel any slugish when I play a game or in multitasking with rare random resumes. Something I cant say my Lumia 640 can do.

The hands free hey Cortana. I love it when I'm to tired to grab my phone I can just say her name to wake me up at a certain time. I feel like I'm on my pc. I don't even know what other phones have it or that ability to do hands free.

I honestly can't wait to get a QI charger for the phone its one other thing I can't wait to use. Along with tap to pay if I can find a store to try. Lol

And of course Windows 10 Mobile. I seriously feel like I'm using a pc in my hand with UWP I can't stress it enough how I like that what I have on my phone can be on my pc or any other Microsoft product. Kudos to Microsoft on that.

What more is the look on people face when they see my phone is not apple or android that it's Windows 10 mobile. In fact I ran into a few people that didn't know there was a windows 10 mobile. I don't feel like an odd one. If anything more proud to be different then the rest out there.

Ok I think I've said enough :S lol

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Pros: Continuum, Camera and UWP

Cons: Impossible to get high quality protective case except for Tech21.

WhatsApp is the only app I use on 950 that has yet gone Universal. That is a pity.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I've only been using my 950 for a few days, but it is overall the best smartphone I have ever owned.

I like it because it's powerful, different enough from iOS and Android devices to stand out, and blurs the line between smartphone and pocket computer with its Windows 10 UI, Microsoft services integration, and Continuum.

I am a "BlackBerry Refugee", having used mostly BB10 devices over the past few years. I can honestly say that I think I've found a new home in the Lumia 950 and Windows 10 Mobile.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Pros:
Good screen, though the one on the 930 was more vibrant somehow, but lower resolution of course.
The higher resolution allows for more options on text size/labels and no. of tiles (8x of the smallest ones across, or two double-wide ones etc.
Generally just high quality from a hardware perspective, software is buggy though whether on Anniversary update or Insider previews (one you would expect bugs on, the other not so much).
The interface - streets ahead of Android/IOS.
Fantastic camera.
Fast charging with USB-C (where plug has no wrong way around which is great) Also wireless charging works well but you have to position it quite carefully with some Nokia plates for it to work properly.

Cons:
Feels really cheap and nasty without a decent Mozo back cover, I have the black leather one, but very much like the look of the walnut wooden one.
Buggy OS, nothing show stopping, but annoying just the same.

Last edited:

mweflen

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
PRO:
-Gorgeous display
-Very good camera, and fast
-W10M very smooth
-Charging and file transfers via USB-C very fast
-SD card (LOVE having 128gb) and replaceable battery

MEH:
-middling battery life
-Camera not as good as my old 1020

CON:
-software buttons prone to burn-in
-gets a bit too warm under load

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
This is my second go around with the 950 and it is much better this time around than last November when I first picked one up.

Hey cortana is a great feature that I'm finding very useful. Very convenient.

The camera is excellent . The best I have ever had in a phone . Good old Lumia DNA.

I'm getting a full day with a single charge with moderate to heavy use. I'm satisfied with longevity.

Fast and fluid performance and a very nice display.

Very nice device overall. I like it, but I'm also liking the Alcatel Idol 4 😁

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Newfangled
I've only been using my 950 for a few days, but it is overall the best smartphone I have ever owned.

I like it because it's powerful, different enough from iOS and Android devices to stand out, and blurs the line between smartphone and pocket computer with its Windows 10 UI, Microsoft services integration, and Continuum.

I am a "BlackBerry Refugee", having used mostly BB10 devices over the past few years. I can honestly say that I think I've found a new home in the Lumia 950 and Windows 10 Mobile.

I recognize you from Crackberry. Welcome. I have been using a 950 for several months now along with an Android phone. The 950 has become my regular device. It performs well and I hope you enjoy it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Pros: Continuum, Camera and UWP

Cons: Impossible to get high quality protective case except for Tech21.

WhatsApp is the only app I use on 950 that has yet gone Universal. That is a pity.

Incipio makes a pretty nice case which you can purchase directly from Microsoft.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I really like the camera and also Win10M. I am on Release Preview Ring and it has not frozen or crashed once. The camera is amazing and since photography is a hobby I enjoy taking the 950 instead of the Pentax K-3.

The screen is perfect, coming from a 930 I really like the Glance option. Battery life is meh, just about a day. Apps work well and since I also do business work with it, I really feel productive with this phone. I have a leather mozo cover which makes the phone look really good.

Bought it second hand from ebay, it was 6 weeks old for just 235€ (with the cover). The best phone I've had and a very nice upgrade from the 930.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
off subject had the weirdest thing happen to me. I plug my phone into my pc to load music onto my sd card and I notice that my phone wasn't asking to scan my eyes. I went back into settings and it showed that it wasn't on :\ I did the iris thing again and it works and I thought hmmm so I plug it into my pc and ya it didn't do it again oddly but has anyone ever ran into a problem like this with iris scanner suddenly just becomes disabled that all they had was to have to enter there password to get into there phone instead of scanning there eyes like it should of in the first place? :S

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Pros:

• Awesome camera
  • Glance screen
  • Tap To Pay NFC
  • Wireless charging
  • USB-C w/ quick charge 2.0
  • Expandable SD card slot
  • Removable battery
  • Dual sim
  • Windows Hello
  • Headphone jack
  • DTTW
  • Thin, Light, good design
  • Poly-carbonate replaceable back cover for MOZO
  • Continuum!

Cons

• Speaker quality is meh
  • Windows Hello Iris Recognition is difficult and akward to use
  • Physical buttons are flimsy
  • Phone gets very very hot with Continuum and other use
  • Could have made the white variant with a white front as in 650
  • Software is buggy, bluetooth is very buggy

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Incipio makes a pretty nice case which you can purchase directly from Microsoft.

Mozo cases/covers are generally easy to come by, not so much in physical stores, but certainly on Amazon and Ebay, though I'm in the UK, the situation may well be quite different where you are.

triageatdawn

May 31, 2015
Visit site
It's one of the lightest phones I've ever had with a really snappy and reliable camera.
The display is beautiful and just as durable.
The only problem I have with the hardware is the speaker because it makes this odd hissing noise that affects the sound quality. But I guess I've learned to live with it.
As for the OS... My commitment to the platform is not fading as it still provides me with everything I need. Can't tell for sure if this is a good or a bad thing - but all the bugs I've been stumbling upon lately were coming from apps and not the platform itself. For instance, Facebook and Messenger tend to let me down every now and then, forcing me to reboot the handset to get them responsive again.
All that said, the 950 suits me and has all I expect from a daily driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05