Just landed!

sev7en

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello!!!
First question... but which one is the way to connect the docking station to the PC and use the docking station as stand/charger/USB walktrough for the phone?

The only way to access to the data of the phone with the PC is to directly connect it to the PC...

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello!!!
First question... but which one is the way to connect the docking station to the PC and use the docking station as stand/charger/USB walktrough for the phone?

The only way to access to the data of the phone with the PC is to directly connect it to the PC...
The x3 is considered a standalone PC, so no, you can't connect it to another computer (with the exception of USB-C to A cables which have an extra pin for configuring it as an external device).
The dock is only for expanding the x3's functionality, it's basically like having a USB hub for a traditional computer. You can transfer files between the x3 and other computers with a USB drive though.

sev7en

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply... I think it is a very high limitation... the docking station could be a good stand now, I have to keep it flat :( until a new stand to buy.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
It would be nice if it could work both ways, but USB doesn't have any way to make that possible (USB only works "one-way", you can only have one computer connected at a time).

It helps to think of the x3 as a whole computer, not a phone. So you have to transfer files more like you would on a computer (such as USB drives). The upside is that the x3 is more powerful on its own, but the downside is that it doesn't work like how phones typically do.

That docking station is designed for HP's other computers. The drivers are needed to use some features of those docks. I don't think the x3 can use these drivers yet, so that docking station might not work fully with the x3.
Some ports on the dock might work, and it should be able to charge the x3, but not all the ports will work.

sev7en

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
It would be nice if it could work both ways, but USB doesn't have any way to make that possible (USB only works "one-way", you can only have one computer connected at a time).

It helps to think of the x3 as a whole computer, not a phone. So you have to transfer files more like you would on a computer (such as USB drives). The upside is that the x3 is more powerful on its own, but the downside is that it doesn't work like how phones typically do.

That docking station is designed for HP's other computers. The drivers are needed to use some features of those docks. I don't think the x3 can use these drivers yet, so that docking station might not work fully with the x3.
Some ports on the dock might work, and it should be able to charge the x3, but not all the ports will work.
Thank you, which one is your strategy to transfer without work with the cloud sync (onedrive) file between your PC and the X3?

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
You can plug a USB drive (an external hard drive or a flash drive) into the computer, transfer files onto it, and then plug the drive into the USB port on the Desk Dock. The File Explorer on the x3 will detect it and you can copy files onto the x3's internal storage.
This can also be done with microSD cards, you can use a microSD card (with an adapter) in the computer and then put the micro card into the x3.

You can also use the USB-C to USB-A cable that came with the x3 to plug it directly into the other computer. These cables are wired so the computer at the "big" USB-A (the traditional USB connector) end will be the main computer, and the device at the small USB-C end will be the external device.

Personally, I just transfer all my files wirelessly with OneDrive (I have MS Office, with the 1TB of storage), since I have fast and unlimited internet usage almost all the time. Obviously this won't be the case for everyone, but if you have the ability to do this, it's really easy to have all files synced at all times.

sev7en

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
You can plug a USB drive (an external hard drive or a flash drive) into the computer, transfer files onto it, and then plug the drive into the USB port on the Desk Dock. The File Explorer on the x3 will detect it and you can copy files onto the x3's internal storage.
This can also be done with microSD cards, you can use a microSD card (with an adapter) in the computer and then put the micro card into the x3.

You can also use the USB-C to USB-A cable that came with the x3 to plug it directly into the other computer. These cables are wired so the computer at the "big" USB-A (the traditional USB connector) end will be the main computer, and the device at the small USB-C end will be the external device.

Personally, I just transfer all my files wirelessly with OneDrive (I have MS Office, with the 1TB of storage), since I have fast and unlimited internet usage almost all the time. Obviously this won't be the case for everyone, but if you have the ability to do this, it's really easy to have all files synced at all times.
Thank you, it means the docking station is totally stand alone but... I can use it only to get the Ethernet connection for browing (it works I am using that feature after the installation of the driver).

I can map anywhay the local intranet to access internally to the device via FTP Server... does it is a way for the Interloop and get the totally access as root?

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I am using it with or without cover, depending on situation and requirements (ruggedness with the kids in the park or outside, style (no cover) for the evening with the better half or the guys). I had the silicone cover before but really disliked it hard, as it was neither stylish nor very protective. Bought the rugged cover instead and like it so far.

I also put on the anti shatter screen protector and optimised it (there is another post by me with pics). Has a very smooth touch and with it, the phone should survive most falls, if they ever happen. With the protector and the rugged cover, it should he like a tank when taking pics outside with the boys.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I am using it with or without cover, depending on situation and requirements (ruggedness with the kids in the park or outside, style (no cover) for the evening with the better half or the guys). I had the silicone cover before but really disliked it hard, as it was neither stylish nor very protective. Bought the rugged cover instead and like it so far.

I also put on the anti shatter screen protector and optimised it (there is another post by me with pics). Has a very smooth touch and with it, the phone should survive most falls, if they ever happen. With the protector and the rugged cover, it should he like a tank when taking pics outside with the boys.
That's good planning...you know anything about this case? Olixar Flexishield HP Elite X3 Gel Case. I might try it...

sent by mTalk

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Ya. I noticed...ordered one in that regard, but it might not be here for 1 month...

sent by mTalk

Ah, ok. Same here in Germany, availability is far away. Yes, when I thought we had limited accessories with the Lumias, I did not know what it would be like with the X3 😂

sev7en

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Ordered original cover, film-strip and wireless charger but I would like to use the docking station also to transfer data from/to PCs. Did anyone else set it in that way?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise