Just landed!

GuarDeanne

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I am thinking of buying X3 Elite.. How does it feel? you on a normal release, or Insider? I am worried mostly about it being slow (some have reported that) with apps, and other thing is that metallic-looking grill at the bottom-how strong does it seem? I would of course have a case on it, but still, I wonder how good build of the phone is..

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I am thinking of buying X3 Elite.. How does it feel? you on a normal release, or Insider? I am worried mostly about it being slow (some have reported that) with apps, and other thing is that metallic-looking grill at the bottom-how strong does it seem? I would of course have a case on it, but still, I wonder how good build of the phone is..
See if there is Microsoft store near you for you to test it out in your hand. To me its a solid phone.

See what you can take from reviews here...
[Real Users] My HP Elite X3 Review - #mTalk http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=437075

sent by mTalk

dpgx81

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
The faux chrome grille is holding up really well. I picked mine up at the MS Store the first week of October, and its been in and out of my bag, on multiple work trips since. It looks as good as the day I purchased it.

Performance is good since the AU update, I've bounced back and forth between Preview and Stable releases mainly due to bugs in the fast ring builds (last weeks fast ring build has a wifi issue that makes it hard to stay connected and wont work for me between dropping wireless and miracast connectivity). I'm back on the latest stable though and all is well.

Camera is also improved significantly from the shipping firmware, things are getting better with each release. There was another firmware update last evening that fixed some bugs, waiting to see an official release notes though.

Last piece I'll comment on for now is continuum. I have the desk dock as well but have been on the road so much I picked up the lap dock which I've been living off of. It works well, gets decent battery life, and is far more responsive than I expected. I use it fairly often with wireless connectivity to the lap dock and while there is a performance hit over wired, it's much better and more responsive than I expected. Overall build of the phone however feels premium for sure.

GuarDeanne

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
wow.. gotta say, I am surprised how quickly people reply here.. I don't care much for wifi issues as I have unlimited 4g on my SIM card with Three network here in London.. also, no physical store anywhere here that has X3 available for checking out.. But I believe the judgement of people here.. :) So, I presume one has to use WDRT for jumping between stable and preview builds?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
wow.. gotta say, I am surprised how quickly people reply here.. I don't care much for wifi issues as I have unlimited 4g on my SIM card with Three network here in London.. also, no physical store anywhere here that has X3 available for checking out.. But I believe the judgement of people here.. :) So, I presume one has to use WDRT for jumping between stable and preview builds?
For now I am holding out on jumping to insider builds. But I have used the wdrt tool once so far...

sent by mTalk

dpgx81

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Correct, to jump back to release ring you'll need to WDRT. It's pretty quick and painless. Wifi issues are non existant on production code. I love my phone and cant stress that enough to folks, I have a big sales kick off next week with one of my distributors I'm looking forward to showing it off at.

Last edited:

GuarDeanne

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I use it fairly often with wireless connectivity to the lap dock and while there is a performance hit over wired, it's much better and more responsive than I expected.

You mean, performance is worse via wireless? yeah, I guess that is normal.. I am also looking to have all my data on one device and backed up in the cloud.. just having a good monitor at work and at home and that is it for my work needs.. for games, just hook up Playstation or whatever I want.. :)

sev7en

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Firmware now at 0002.0000.0018.0105 and W10M Fast Ring Channel with update 14965.1001 installed on my device. I am checking about the changes but it looks stable managing the N downloads from the store.

We should look into also the alternative Cameras available, as I guess the stock is very limited.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon