X3 SD card problem

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to use my new X3 with an SD card, which works perfectly in my old L1520, but it blocks the phone. In Pictures I can only see the placeholders for pictures, but no thumbnails. Disk management keeps loading for minutes, but never finishes. When I turn off the phone it keeps displaying Goodbye for minutes, but never shuts down. Without the card all works fine. Has anybody had a similar problem? It can't be that anything on that card confuses the phone to that extent, but I may try to backup the data and clean it up completely.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
So the answer is yes, it confused the phone that much. I copied the files from the SD and formatted it and now I was asked if I wanted to use a newly found card. So far it works fine, knock wood.

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I am also seeing slight issues with my SD Card. Also moved it over from the L950XL, but I copied contents off, formatted it in the phone and copied contents back. Now, every now and then it comes up with 'we have scanned the SD card' and 'nono remove' ;)
It is OK so far, but I think there might be reliability issues.

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem right of the bat with my x3. The phone wouldn't do the initial updates with the card in there.
I migrated over from a 1520 as well.
Did the same thing backed it up, formated the card, updated the phone ( without the card installed), and started the x3 off fresh with the updates and a formated sd card.
I have had no problems since then the phone works great.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
It stopped working while I was copying files on it, so I removed it for good. It's very unreliable and not just the SD card. I put it on charger and it crashed. I paid trough the nose for this and it behaves like an early prototype. I did not want to switch platforms after such a long time with WP, but I should have.

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Ivan, sorry for that. If you still have it and still are interested in a good expierence, I would advise the following (which it, BTW, not an uncommon advise on ANY platform):
Use WDRT to put on the latest firmware (14) and OS version from production (not insider). This *will* erase the device. Stay clear of insider builds.

Do NOT restore a previous backup (and here we are on common territory for any platform in case of problems) and rebuild it by hand. After that, things should hopefully be bright.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I reinstalled everything. It turned out I already had the latest FW, but I did it anyway and set up the phone without restoring any backup. The result was the same. It worked for a while and then it stopped. Not sure if it is a HW or SW problem. That tray for SIMs and SD looks a bit dodgy to me. Anyway, the phone without an SD seems to be working fine now. I like the fingerprint reader.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I had a look at HP support forums and more people have the same problem. One user recommended reformatting of the SD using NTFS. My phone did not recognise it then. But when I went to reformat it on my laptop, the OS reported the card needs to be repaired and it did fix something. So it looks like WM10, but more likely HP FW, will damage the file system eventually and that's when it stops working. For business users? Really?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa