my camera does not work anymore on my Lumia 1020

jason0979

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I somehow hit a button for some update or something and when it turned back on- the camera was GONE !!! I bought this phone for this reason!!! Please help????

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hold the off button with the volume down for about 20 seconds to reboot the phone.
Check to see if the camera app returns after that.

Last edited:

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I somehow hit a button for some update or something and when it turned back on- the camera was GONE !!! I bought this phone for this reason!!! Please help????

Can you launch the camera app and if so what's being displayed, a black/blank screen, any errors?

I had my 1020s camera go poof! after only 7 days of owning it, was working fine one second and gone the next but I was still able to launch app, just wasn't anything being displayed on screen, ended up being the camera module that malfunctioned.

jason0979

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
nope it wont launch anything- i have had that happen black or green screen--but usually if turn off and leave off for little and restart then okay--this doesnt even recognize appp or camera button :-(

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I have tried a soft and hard reset !!! --nothing helps - is there a way to fix this inexpensively ???

Cheapest I have seen the module is around $US50 on eBay... if you aren't tech savvy enough to replace it yourself it is going to be a fairly expensive ask...you might just be better off trying to find a second device on eBay or locally....

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
How do i find out that info?

I'm guessing you might be on WP8.

You'll be able to find out by swiping left to your list of apps then find "settings"
Look for "About" and tap on "more info"

Hope I remembered this correctly since I don't have my 925 right here to check.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234