No tiles on my brand new 950XL, just the list of apps.

Paul Bamber

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I just received my new 950XL unlocked version.
I went through all the set up and now I find only the alphabetical list of my apps when I turn it on.
Now I'm worried that something is really wrong with the UI...
Can anyone fix this for me or let me know what's happening?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
You said this was a New Unlocked Version. Is it brand new or just new to you. If it's brand new, did you buy it from Microsoft; etc. If so, you might want to contact the seller and see if they will exchange it for you.

Short of that, try these to see if they help.

1. Tap on one of the apps in the list and see if it ask you to Pin to Start. If it does and you get the tile, you can do that for each app.

2. Try a soft reset; hold down the power and volume down button until you feel a second vibration. It usually takes 10 seconds or so before this happens. Do the tiles come up after boot up?

3. Do a hard reset. Go to settings, about and do a factory reset. You will loose your setup but this is the last thing I can think of to try.

Hopefully others here will offer their suggestions.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hold down on one of the apps and select pin to start, The start menu will appear. This only happens when there is nothing pinned to the start menu. I would reset the device thou as it sounds like the device is already logged in with someone else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99