Wi-FI connecting but no Wi-FI

AcGolfer

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Had my 640XL phone for just over a year now and was finally going to upgrade to window 10. This is when I realized that my Wi-Fi probably hasn't been working for a while or longer.
In the Wi-Fi setting section is seems to be connected with a good signal but phone update, states that I not connecting to the Wi-Fi.
I used speedtest to check my speed, around 5MB and checking with another phone it at 40MB. I also have my photos+videos setting set to use Wi-Fi on videos downloads and they don't download and I always wondered why.
Thanks in advance for any help.

AcGolfer

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Holdum for the reply, I already find something similar and tried different things. I turned off 'internet sharing' I thing it was on by default. NFC and VPN is off, reset router, soft phone reset, turn Bluetooth off.
I can't connect to any Wi-Fi even though it shows I have. I thinking maybe I need to do a HARD reset, wasn't sure if I wanted to but going to a Window 10 upgrade anyhow, some post about Win10 upgrade recommend a hard reset afterwards.

AcGolfer

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Well this is what I did. I bite the bullet and did a hard reset, got my wifi back. Next went straight to the MS store and installed 'upgrade advisor', next installed Window 10 then their update and everything went smoothly. As of now I running Windows ver. 10.0.14393.448
As of now everything seems to be working fine. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss