Love my phone, can't say the same about carrier

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Got a 950 XL & I love it. Got Cricket for my carrier & can't say the same about them.
While I have a good price ($35/month, taxes & fees included), I've already come across dead spots where my wife's Verizon phone gets service. I've yet to find it the other way around.
So...should I put up with the occasional dead spot & enjoy my cheap service & great phone, or get great service & a phone I doubt I like.

drmega0226

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Got a 950 XL & I love it. Got Cricket for my carrier & can't say the same about them.
While I have a good price ($35/month, taxes & fees included), I've already come across dead spots where my wife's Verizon phone gets service. I've yet to find it the other way around.
So...should I put up with the occasional dead spot & enjoy my cheap service & great phone, or get great service & a phone I doubt I like.

Why not unlock it and go with a carrier with a similar plan. Metro PCS has plans that are similar and run on T-Mobile. I get service in the country even with T-Mobile. However, I don't know how it is like where you are.

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
There are lots of choices. I'm on Cricket and love it but had AT&T prior so I knew I would get good coverage where I live. Unlocked is the way to go as it opens you up to more choices.

Sent from mTalk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've already come across dead spots where my wife's Verizon phone gets service. I've yet to find it the other way around.

It all depends on where you are. Overall Verizon has a little better coverage than AT&T, with Sprint and T-Mobile quite a bit less, but yet there are places where the others are better. I recently visited friends in a rural area where AT&T works fine, but outside of town Verizon is basically nonexistent.

Last edited:

Kacchan

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Cricket does run on att network but it isn't full access. You should look directly at att prepaid plans. Go phone is their prepaid and utilizes the native att coverage. I liked gophone when I used it. I heard cricket does have issues that att doesn't have.

I use tmobile and they are pretty great. I like em

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile is a no-go in my area. My only other choice is Verizon...unless I did try AT&T prepaid & give them a trial run.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Cricket does run on att network but it isn't full access. You should look directly at att prepaid plans. Go phone is their prepaid and utilizes the native att coverage. I liked gophone when I used it. I heard cricket does have issues that att doesn't have.

I use tmobile and they are pretty great. I like em

Att has roam aagreements, cricket doesn't, no att coverage no service.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Att has roam aagreements, cricket doesn't, no att coverage no service.
Are you saying that ATT has roaming arrangements with someone. (who?) Are you saying that since Cricket does not have these additional roaming agreements, Cricket only has coverage where basic ATT has native coverage and not in those areas where ATT has extended roaming coverage?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Yes, cricket only gets native att coverage, while att service has roam agreements with I think T-Mobile and I have heard some Verizon lte. Don't quote me on that though. Rumored now is the cricket expert.

I have just in last few weeks ported from Sprint to cricket. My Sprint coverage was better overall because it included roaming on Verizon. I am willing to have a few dead spots to get the phone I want. Sprint and Verizon don't offer the phone I want and cricket price is hard to beat. $100.00 five phones.

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, cricket only gets native att coverage, while att service has roam agreements with I think T-Mobile and I have heard some Verizon lte. Don't quote me on that though. Rumored now is the cricket expert.

I have just in last few weeks ported from Sprint to cricket. My Sprint coverage was better overall because it included roaming on Verizon. I am willing to have a few dead spots to get the phone I want. Sprint and Verizon don't offer the phone I want and cricket price is hard to beat. $100.00 five phones.

If the prepaid AT&T offers better coverage than Cricket, then i'll go with them. I'm just not into Androids & even though Verizon's offering a good deal on the Pixel, I just can't bite. AT&T's plan is only $5 more than what i'm paying right now (although i'm not sure if AT&T charges taxes & fees on their prepaid plan).
BTW, my phone is factory unlocked.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried the att service yet? If so is it better than cricket? I have been surprised how poor my cricket service is indoors, when it is great right outside. I thought att was using more low frequency spectrum now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium