Is this device for me? HP elite x3 vs BB Dtek60

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
With the x3 on sale for $599 it's gonna make it a little harder to pick the DTEK. I'm a BlackBerry fan, but for OS10, so I may be biased towards the HP. No, I don't blame HP for the Apothekalypse any more than I blame GM for Rick Wagoner.

ViktorOTitov

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Dear Friends! I am still interested in buying this device. Were there many updates during the last 2 months?
And maybe somebody knows how to open full ms office and other apps for a home use? Is it possible without corporate license?

ViktorOTitov

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Now I am using iPhone 7 plus and Windows notebook. And at work I am using windows PC. I do on them:
1) e-mails (I am working in the sphere of science and also do a lot of admin, that is why I have hundreds emails everyday and I have to respond on them very quickly). I use Spark on iPhone and Outlook on my PC and laptop, sometimes Web interface on PC and laptop
2) MS office full version, acrobat D.C. full version (PC and Laptop), scan docs (iPhone)
3) Calls
4) SMS, MMS (sometimes I do mailing via SMS to 250 people at one time)
5) Viber, WhatsApp, FaceBook
6) Bank apps (but I can do bank operations in web also)
7) Safari on iPhone and Chrome and Opera on Laptop and PC (searching in internet)

Will I do the same on one device - HP E X3?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Dear friends!
Thank You very much for all these comments.
Dear Corwin_Amber! What do You like in Your Win10Mob device? Do You have HP Elite x3?
Cons about my IPhone 7 Plus: The main problem about iOS, that it doesn't have good file manager, I always need to send mails with a lot of attachments and it is not possible with iOS. Everyday I receive hundreds of emails and I have to respond on them quickly. But on iPhone it is impossible, because the mail app updates automatically only every 15 min.

Download the outlook app and use OneDrive for your files. You are able to send any file you want via OneDrive through outlook.

Honestly, I am a huge Windows enthusiast, and if anything, I would trade your MacBook in for a surface pro 4 or surface book. The iPhone 7 plus is the best phone on the market, the experience with the hp x3 or ant continuum phone isn't going to be great. Hp workplace also cost a lot of money and offers limited bandwidth.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
the experience with the hp x3 or ant continuum phone isn't going to be great.
From the time I first used Continuum with a 950 last year until now, Continuum has made a few improvements in the user experience. I'll say this though, the HDMI wired option with a USB wireless kb and mouse is the way to go. It really makes a difference over a wireless adapter and Bluetooth kb and mouse. Using your phone as a trackpad still translates into a bit of lag courtesy of latency, which makes no sense unless the software isn't up to snuff to be used that way.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Download the outlook app and use OneDrive for your files. You are able to send any file you want via OneDrive through outlook.

Honestly, I am a huge Windows enthusiast, and if anything, I would trade your MacBook in for a surface pro 4 or surface book. The iPhone 7 plus is the best phone on the market, the experience with the hp x3 or ant continuum phone isn't going to be great. Hp workplace also cost a lot of money and offers limited bandwidth.

Agreed. While in the future it might be great, W10M (and the x3) isn't reliable enough -yet. Honestly I love Windows as a platform and I use it everywhere but I sometimes still have those moments where I cannot even *see* the content of a email on my x3... I literally have to use the web browser to navigate to outlook.com to see what people send me. Thats mildly annoying as a consumer but nerve-wreaking if you need to read and reply to tons of emails like you.

Also, iPhone is not a bad choice but Android is just as good. Like xandros9 says, go for a known Android brand like the Pixel or a Samsung. All this fear mongering is a bit over the top.

Eventually I'm hoping for full Windows 10 on ARM 'phones'.

ViktorOTitov

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello, Friends! Still interested in buying HP Elite x3. But am still using iPhone 7 plus. Are there any positive changes, that happened during these two months with Your Elite x3?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello, Friends! Still interested in buying HP Elite x3. But am still using iPhone 7 plus. Are there any positive changes, that happened during these two months with Your Elite x3?
Things move a lot slower with Microsoft in mobile and we probably aren't going to see anything big software-wise for at least a few months.

MOBBAK

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

By October we should see big improvement from Microsoft on their system (Redstone 3). But as for now, there is an update that should be released by April from Microsoft but don't aspect many features on this update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077