Desk Dock Display Resolution and Performance

Rensul

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the Elite X3 Bundle (retiring my 950XL) and now I'm trying to decide on the best monitor to pair it with. Has anyone used the Desk Dock at 4K resolution (3840x2160)? Was there any degradation in performance? I'm looking at the HP Spectre 34 Studio Display which is overkill for this phone I know but I like it...!! Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I just purchased the Elite X3 Bundle (retiring my 950XL) and now I'm trying to decide on the best monitor to pair it with. Has anyone used the Desk Dock at 4K resolution (3840x2160)? Was there any degradation in performance? I'm looking at the HP Spectre 34 Studio Display which is overkill for this phone I know but I like it...!! Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

As far as I've heard, 4K is supported but that poor CPU is going to have to work overtime to drive all those pixels. Which may lead to reduction in perfomance. I would recommend sticking to 1080p for optimal performance :)

This is what Microsoft said

" If a display supports a native resolution that is greater than the supported resolution of the device/receiver combination, the OS will fall back to the next best supported resolution"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss