HP Elite x3 with Desk Dock for $599 ($200 discount)

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm also finding this hard to believe. This is at an official Microsoft Store?
Well, it is at a mall kiosk. It is listed as an official Microsoft Store. I went to test drive an x3 and all they had on display were iPhones where Lumias used to be found. I was going to pull out my 950 and take a photo but I then became embarrassed of my MS phone.

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Haha, very possible that Dec 4th they may announce a new phone. I think at $599 with the dock, it is now realistically in great territory.

I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on this once again (bought original half baked product for $799 back in late August / early September)... so I am hoping the phone hardware / software mix is a lot more integrated and smooth now. Back when I had it the camera crashed each time you took a photo as well as the fingerprint reader didn't work and battery life sucked.

I am currently with the 950 XL which I love except the battery life.

The only thing stopping me is fear that the camera sucks big time, and I don't really use the dock ever, even though I WANT to start using it... Mainly at work where I can hook it up to my work computer and use my phone to browse whatever I want without them monitoring or blocking me haha.

I recently bought a new Nikon D7100 for serious photos so I don't rely on the 950xl for serious photos other than quick shots of random moments...

Is it worth getting the X3 with dock for $599 now? Price isn't really much of an issue, but camera and battery life is (camera not as much as it used to since I bought a serious camera now).

Thanks!

Ever since going from the 1520 to the 950 I've felt, well, just kinda meh. I wouldn't have even switched if it weren't for the digitizer in my 1520 going out on me. Only the 950s were available at my local AT&T, and so I said 'what the heck, let's see if I really do need that big phone that is sometimes very tough to lug around.' Turns out I did ;)

So I ordered mine on Wednesday and for $40 it arrived 18 hours later. In short - the reviews are right on and if you know you want a large phone and are all-in on the Win 10 eco system this phone does not disappoint.

I'm no photographer, so YMMV, but I snapped off a few low light shots and said 'yeah, that's not as good as i'd like.' Then I kept scrolling and honestly, my 950 photos weren't any better. Maybe that's enough to say that if you are as bad at taking photos at me you shouldn't notice any difference :D

On a separate note, performance is awesome. Screen is gorgeous. Sound is surprisingly nice. I haven't used the doc for anything but charging (I used continuum on the Lumia 950 so I know what to expect - i'll get around to using the doc it just wasn't a big deal to me other than the quick charge 3). Also, since I've had it less than 24 hours all I can say about the battery is that 158 apps, 2 exchange accounts, tons of OneDrive stuff (including photos and music) came over WiFi (and a bit of Cellular when I ran some errands) and the battery went from ~80% out of the box to ~20% before bed. Not that it was a great test, but it was definitely being stressed and I was happy with it for what was going on.

Normal usage today, and it's at 87%.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Mine is supposed to arrive today.
Sadly the rugged case I ordered with it wont be here until next week though. :/

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Mine has arrived, but no rugged case... So I'm scared to use it until I get the case.
I don't like naked phones because I just feel like I may drop it. :/

I was going to set it up, but I hate doing that without first putting the SIM in.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
No criticism intended. Having paid the full price at launch, I don't mind seeing subsequent discounts for the Holidays for the sake of generating momentum for the device and platform. But I sure would love to see that kind of discounting for the lapdock which wasn't available when the x3 launch, and which, if the reports are correct., may be too expensive as a stand alone for those of us who already have the x3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa